1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] McGrady interview - return uncertain, may pull out of all-star game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well if this board hasn't got the most self-righteous, judgmental whiny little b****es in the world....

2. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

Seriously, what more does Mcgrady have to do for you to be the slightest dissapointed at him???

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

yes, of course every injury comes with the mental aspect. it's up to that player to overcome that damn aspect, or run/hide away from it.

since when did he cut and do explosive moves? jumpshooting is what he lives by but also die for.

4. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

You ever gonna NOT gonna defend the guy no matter what? Evidence is piling up against you and your stance.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

adelman said the same thing. tmac started out well, but then he got REALLY sore and looked BAD. that's the words from adelman (an observer, not you or me).

we don't want to limp around or play like a frustrated average player. that is NOT going to help us at all even if he plays. we want him to play when he's ready. and it will be AT THE VERY LEAST tuesday's game v. seattle.

how has he given up on the season? if he did, why even bother coming back? why is he talking about the standings? why is he talking about how we wasted the few games compounded w/ the warriors and blazers' losses last night.

he cares. he just wants to help his team. he can only do that if he's healthy.

6. ibm

ibm Member

^^ so yao rushed back ahead of the schedule last season to help the team while the team was losing was indeed, a bad decision then? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

I am going to defend the guy as well. His injury is clearly one that will affect his leap and jump. If i had it I wouldn't be 100% confident that i will be playing sky high. Its like people who turn their ankles. If its sprained seriously you don't play on it very hard. Have any of you ever even had a tendon strain on the back of your knee? Do you know how hard it is to man up to something like that? I personally don't so im going to give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy had like absolutly no lift in his jump when he was injured. I wouldn't be confident of his jumpshot either. Crucify him more. Ill just keep laughing at your reactionary comments. You guys are worse then then media, its like those classic misleading headlines, lets take one comment and take it apart to little pieces.

Did you not hear Adelman? LIMPING AROUND TRAINING HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR KNEE AND MENTALLY THINK YOUR GAME IS ON IF YOUR KNEE WON'T EVEN RESPOND TO YOUR JUMP?

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Seriously.

Nobody knows what pain Tmac is going through right now other than Tmac.

9. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

The NBA's version of Brittney Spears :D

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he is injured he shouldn't play.

I wonder what the doctors have said, like would he be at risk by playing in a little pain, or is there any chance of injuring it more.

Tmac needs to get healthy but his demeanor and attitude in that interview sucks...

Where is the chomping at the bit player who is desperate to get back to help his teamates?

DD

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'm going to defend tmac. personally, i tore my acl and just had acl reconstruction surgery last month. when i am ready to play basketball again, it's going to be tough to mentally be ready to play.

i don't see how everyone can expect tmac to play hurt. do you really want him to play and aggravate his knee again? give him all the time he needs to recover. playing hurt is stupid. i can tell you that from experience.

to everyone that is bashing tmac for not playing hurt, i'd like to see you get hurt and try to play basketball without fully recovering.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

He can suit up and if the game is close, play the last 5 min of the game. He can set up Yao with entry passes and park his ass on the arc waiting for kickouts for the 3. A player of his talent level even at 60% is still better than just about anything we have at the 2 and 3 positions.

If he is so concerned about the standings then he would know that any more losses now and the playoffs are for all practical purposes out of reach this season. But more than likely what he is going to do is dilly-dally a bit longer and wait and see where the team is. And if we look lottery-bound indeed after a couple more weeks you can be certain he's gonna repeat what he's already done so many times in seasons past that he even has a coinphrase for it: "shut it down for now, work hard in the summer, and just focus on next season."

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

CoSigned! :rolleyes:

Rocket River

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

AAAAARGH!

Or maybe McGrady knows his act is wearing thin, even on Yao (and don't say "you don't know that"; yes, I don't know it, but from Yao's and Rafer's recent comments, you gotta wonder).

Is this pure malingering? As if he really doesn't want to be here. Quitten Part II.

I'd like to defend the guy, but it's like being in a relationship with someone with a substance abuse problem. Right or wrong, after awhile you get tired of the excuses and giving the benefit of the doubt to the "I really am trying" because you keep going through the same stuff.

Which, in a way, is fine. We can nab a solid pick in the lottery. But trade McGrady to a team desperate for a star attraction, or to a team that already has a star player with heart. McGrady supplies passing, scoring, and ticket sales.

15. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

man...... Is he going to comeback one day? Seems like he will never comeback.

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

T-Mac is the next Ahman Green.

17. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I can blame T-Mac for many things...but if the guy is hurt, he will not help the team, as seen in the last game against Detroit when he reinjured his knee and has been out for nearly a month since, or against Orlando when he had to leave the game halfway through after going 1-11. No one can tell you how much his injury hurts than the man himself, so I'll take his word for it instead of bashing him everytime he opens his mouth (in which he is almost always right in what he says...the tone and delivery of his message could be better, but what he says is usually correct).

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Why is anyone surprised that is happening? It sucks but it happened before in Orlando.

IMO, he wants out. I still want to believe Yao/Twac will work out, but it's not looking like a viable possibility.

19. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

You don't want to see a politican here. The more straightfowrad a person talks, the better it reveals himself. Stupid talk is backed up by the true stupid mind behind it.

20. bbjai

bbjai Member

your joking right? are you thinking with your brain? what happens if his knee is 100% alrite as it isn't atm and he screws it over again? And then his out for a month? Thank God your not on the Rockets Coaching staff