1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ch. 13 ABC-Extra Points Discussion about Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jun 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

all the local radio personalities are going to discuss what they think about Yao in a few minutes (more like seconds). I will try to check it out and update later.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cool. It will be interesting to see what the local media personalities have to say. Look forward to your update!

Chris

3. Timing

Timing Member

OMG! Did you hear that Francis quote? Grr...

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What did francis say?

5. Timing

Timing Member

He said....

"I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how it will help my game."

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

whaadd a bum..

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There is another thread on this but I wanted to throw my two cents into this thread as well.

That's true, he has never been able to play with someone like that. But that does not mean that he CAN'T play with someone like Ming.

My deal on Francis is this. Talk is cheap. Let's all wait until after training camp, after pre-season and into the season and THEN ask Francis about Ming. That STILL might be a bit early but at least by then he will have met him, played with him, practiced with him and he can make a more informed opinion on him.

I am not trying to be a Francis appologist or anything like that. I am just saying let's not all get to "excited" about a few comments here and there.

Chris

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Who gives a flying **** if it helps Stevie's game? I care if it helps the Rockets win games, not Steve put up big numbers...

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Ask not what your team can do for your game. Ask what your game can do for your team. Or your team will start asking what it can get for your sorry ass.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I care more about how Ming can help Rockets to win championships than to help Stevie's game !!!

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Ship Francis to Cleveland. See if that helps HIS game.

12. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Is there a transcript available? I want to see the full text before I tear into Steve. I'm really itching to, right now.

13. Possum

Possum Member

DIDO! I 'm really starting to feel like its time to field some offers for Steve.

14. booshan

booshan Contributing Member

BobFinn is right on the money. i am starting to think andre miller would look niiice in a rox uni...

15. lovethisgametoo

--------------------------------------
    He said....

"I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how it will help my game."

--------------------------------------------

I have been hoping that the YS combo will beat Laker's OK combo in four years and claim the NBA crown. <font size=+1> Someone please tell me this will still happen despite what SF said !!! </font>

16. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i say francis for jay williams! andre miller would b ok but we can do better. maybe gary payton? i dunno im juss throwin out ideas here.

the big question is will stevie still accept the extension? if yes, then i say we sign him and hes still the franchise. if not, then he needs to be traded.

17. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

that 'my' really annoy me

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Interesting comment by Steve, especially since Yao Ming is 7'6", athletic, good shooter/passer...yea I guess Stevie has played w/a lot of guys like that. His point total would probably drop, but shoot he may finally be in the top 5 in assists. Gosh, he'd be playing like a real point guard.

Note to Steve: I don't like trashing you, but the posts above are true. Its what's best for the team that's important...we have some pretty good guys putting the plan together. How about letting them do there job and focus on what yours is...team leader and basketball player...not GM or coach!

My 2 cents.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guys, I posted this in another thread. Could Steve just mean that he has never had the opportunity to play with someone like Ming (7'5" jumpshooter), so he really doesn't know how his game would be affected? Could this all be a misunderstanding? I wasn't able to watch the broadcast since I'm in Dallas, so I don't know what his facial expressions were like when he said it.

Also, what was the question that was asked to incite that response?

Was it "Steve, how do you think Yao Ming's presence will affect your game?"

If so, then I have no problem with how he responded because it really wouldn't have been a selfish response.

20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

No kidding! Only the Shanghai Sharks and the Chinese Olympic team have played with a guy like that. May I extend my criticism of Steve's basketball "smarts" to "smarts" in general?

I am ready to move in another direction. Swap him for Andre Miller and adjustments. Get Miller or Baron Davis on this team, please!