1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CFB Playoff Rankings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 28, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, there are more factors than resume of wins and losses. I'd be pissed too though.

2. Major

Major Member

Just to clarify, the post you were originally responding to was talking about a 16 team playoff.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We lost to W Va fair and square. TCU needed a last second FG to beat them. I get that and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

BUT we also beat OU like nobody has since like the 80s and we've handled our business for the most part. Our D sucked donkey balls in the second half against Tech against what I believe will be a much improved team in Tech next season.

4. Indaface

Indaface Member

I agree with you and if the committee had Baylor behind TCU and over Ohio St. then I would be fine with it (even though I disagree with them).

It's the fact that they seem to use one set of reasons for TCU over Baylor...then ignore those same reasons and use a different set of reasoning for putting Ohio St. over Baylor that is annoying to me.

I will reserve anger until after this weekend plays out (I know KSt is itching to pay Baylor back after 2012), but seeing and hearing the committee's bs every week gets old.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Unless it's TCU and how they beat Kansas.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Haha no worries!

It's really just an opinion. No real right or wrong answer, and I know I'm in the clear minority on that.

8 teams would be fine, IMO. It's when I start hearing things like a 16 team bracket where I kind of think that's too much. Like I don't believe that teams that low earn the right to win a national title.

But once again...it's really just an opinion.

7. Buck Turgidson

SECoonass, or the Columbus Couch Burners, or hell even FSU if their players are eligible, anyone can win or lose this weekend. Who sponsors Arizona? I'm rooting for chaos and both TCU and Baylor in the semi-finals.

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

8 is too many. What's the point of the reg season if multiple teams from the same conference get in? That's what conference championship games decide. There have been so many great story lines and games this year because it's only 4 teams. Many of the best games of the year would have mattered much less in the overall scheme if the top 8 teams get in. Plus, it really forces these top teams to look at playing tougher non conference schedules, if they know it will be a factor in getting in the top 4.

9. sammy

Lance asked Baylor fans to call in so I was on 790 around 7:25 this morning.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did you cry or what? :p

[​IMG]

#350 Ziggy, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. sammy

Lance tweeted yesterday that TCU is more deserving and apparently that made a lot of Baylor fans upset. He was pretty amped and said Baylor fan call in so I can crush you (something to that extent). After my call, he said if I had to make a case for Baylor, that would be it.

12. sammy

Dave MatterVerified account ‏@Dave_Matter
    Spoke with CFP exec director Bill Hancock today for upcoming Q&A. Said this: "Baylor’s body of work will change drastically on Saturday."

13. askball

askball Member

Assuming a victory of course.

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

15. sammy

^can you post that after this weekend's game?

16. Buck Turgidson

Depends on how hard you squeeze.

[​IMG]

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I do. Any system that puts Florida State at 4 is wrong. Computers are obviously doing a better job.

These CFB rankings piss me off more and more. So if this was last year's 2 team system and this year's CFB voters, Florida State would be out of the big game. Think about that for a minute and ask yourself just how big of a farce this current system is.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen better teams than this FSU team not make the BCS title game before so no sweat off my back. Pretty much just Baylor fans crying (understandable).

19. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

fsu is the only undefeated power 5 confernce team in the nation.... i could understand if their was teams that were undefeated ahead of them... but fsu has started at 1 and moved backwards while winning... seems the voters in not only the committee, but also coaches poll hate the fsu culture and are taking their frustration out in the polls... i mean thats the only explanation i have

20. sammy

Most Baylor are being homers. Now, if we beat down K State and are still behind them, they have every reason to b**** and moan.

In that case, I still ain't even mad. Beat Ohio State or whoever and finish #2 in the final polls. Building a program.