1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CF OFFICIAL] Netflix Instant Queue Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TdashDUB, Jun 28, 2012.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure when they started streaming but The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence is now available on streaming rather than just DVD only.

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Netflix Scores Exclusive Rights to Stream New Disney Movies

http://mashable.com/2012/12/04/netflix-disney-deal/

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

^^^

This is great news.

Good job Netflix!

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Huge deal for Netflix although I'm wary about what this means to current Netflix subscribers (myself included). While you can't ignore the huge library that Disney brings (Marvel, Pixar, Disney subsidiaries)..will Netflix be raising the traditional $7.99 per month streaming price point to offset how much they spent? If so, then I might be looking for new streaming services. That possibility is still 5 years away but any acquisition will have some downstream effect.

5. 713

713 Member

/blockbuster.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Huge deal, and I find it interesting that the new contract basically means Disney went Netflix over, say, Starz, considering the doom and gloom some folks had when Starz and Netflix didn't renew.

Some classic Disney stuff already turning up in Instant.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Starz lost Disney flicks as part of the deal as well, I think. If so, Stars may not be around very long.

8. bobmarley

I think Starz has been making some poor choices the last couple years.

Once streaming HD becomes more normal they will begin to fade away.

9. GRENDEL

Not sure why they couldn't work out a deal to leave their shows and catalogue on Netflix streaming because all they had to do was look at AMC spike in viewership by having them on Netflix streaming, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad being the best examples.

10. bobmarley

They have dumb leadership.

11. dmenacela

You really don't know if it's bad leadership or just simple numbers we're talking about. Don't know the financial terms of the Starz deal with Disney but I'm certain Starz would of loved to extend it's contract with them. However, if you can have someone else deliver your content (while making much more) then this decision by Disney is a no brainer. Starz loses out and as long as they keep losing deals they will go spiraling downward. My guess is that another company buys them out for their current contracts and Starz is a goner.

The following article also answers my questions on what impact this deal has on current subscribers. $350 million is alot to pay per year.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/06/3130046/netflix-shares-rise-on-optimism.html

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Will probably get a decent number of parents signing up for Netflix now, pretty much the best and only thing they could do.

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I think the real problem is people they will have is sharing the account. I share my account with 4 different people. That is 4 different families, other than myself, that use it. I myself use it on 3 different devices.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Somehow the idea that Human Centipede 2 is the first listing for "more like Rubber" doesn't seem like the best recommendation to me...

16. dmenacela

Let's bump for 2013.

There have been some new titles added to Netflix notably the Disney acquisitions. I also read that Netflix will be adding some new WB television shows (but who really gives an f on that)?

I saw two good documentaries: Happy - real great life advice on what makes you happy.

Hungry for Change - a nice reminder on how to eat well and why our bodies makes us do what society wants.

Anybody seen some good stuff lately?

17. GRENDEL

Recommend The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret and The Inbetweeners which we just started.

18. updawg

updawg Member

All the new arrested development episodes are supposed to be released on the same day sometime in may

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Terminator 2 is finally on Netflix instant.

20. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Take Me Home. Won some audience awards at indie film fests. Thank me later. :)

1 person likes this.