1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF.NET hall monitors

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by The Voice of Reason, Nov 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. The Voice of Reason

I cant belive I am posting this. I am sure some of the older members cant belive I am either.

I feel the need to make "Wrong Forum" posts all the time now. I feel the need to use friendly words to direct member #3000-#15000 to follow the BBS code. I feel the need to become a CF.Net Hall monitor.

I am starting this thread simply to ask permission from the last bastion of hope. I dont mind if I become hated by the masses, I already have become a The Voice of Disolution in my own mind. We used to have a couple of guys herding the sheep, but now our little community has grown. and I think we need some more sheopards.

So, anyone willing to give me their non binding blessing to be a Newbie educator?

They say ex criminals make the best cops

PEACE

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

You got my vote, but you gotta put a Farscape quote in your signature. ;)

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

If VOR gets to be a hall monitor, then I want to be Sergeant at Arms again. I'll take the night shifts, since I work a lot of nights.

4. The Voice of Reason

Well Behad I was thinking of you while I wrote that post. I know you scolded me in my early years. I now look to you as a mentor.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both VOR and Behad have my vote. I sometimes feel the urge to do that too. But I'll gladly defer to you old hands. :)

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

There's nothing I enjoy more than mocking newbies and Yao only fans. I would guess half of my post count comes from that.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Actually, more like a quarter.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Power hungry ye are.

But beware the Power...

For it is the climax of dominion, the grandest feeling of rule.

Alas, there is no control over it...

like a Ferrari without a steering wheel.

9. The Voice of Reason

No, no power

just frustration.

and its not about Mocking newbies. Its more about making sure newbies know that they do not need a new thread every minute. and that game action is not exactly a thread about Rashard lewis scoring 50 points in Japan (I was suprised there was not one:) )

Nomar, Check My sig :)

10. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

What ever happened to Mango? He used to patrol the BBS relentlessly without anybody's permission (that I was aware of).

Was he assimilated?

You guys have my vote to try and maintain order.

11. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Personally, I find it more annoying having to read through all of the post where everyone is trying to police the boards. If a post is in the wrong forum then let the admi move it. No need to call people out all of the time. Use the personal messaging function or send them an email.

Calling people out all of the time just gets old and it tends to incite unwelcomed debates that have nothing to do with the topic, whether it is in the wrong forum or not.

12. Nomar

Nomar Member

VOR officially has my vote.

;)

Not that my vote is worth much. I have been oft banned.

13. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I hearby offer my services as VOR's deputy hall monitor. I pledge to bash newbies whenever the chance shows itself, to boldy call a noob names sure to piss them off(IE...noob, silly noob, dumbass noob) and to scour threads to insure that the fewest amount are in use at all times. These things I swear!

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you and me both man...

I already do a quasi-hall monitor duty...
    Sometimes I do it nicely
    Sometimes I dont.

Rock on VOR....
    and I second that vote to bring back the Sarge!

15. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Never was given permission by anybody. Just had a feel for the bounds I could operate in without getting my wings clipped.

The post volume is huge in the GARM and it would be nearly impossible to make an impact without credentials. DoD was given the necessary big stick to swing in there.

VOR interested in quality control on the BBS?

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, you guys need go ahead and punch in. The GARM is really blowing chunks hard today. I'm talking projectile blowing. Get to work!

Days like this I really feel bad for Clutch...

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ditto.

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

As a newbie, (already feeling out of place in this senior thread) I would like to make a humble suggestion: I have seen in other forums that I visit, that they leave a sticky at the top permanently, specifying behavioural rules for newbies. I checked the faq but haven't seen anything on behaviour and etiquette (if there is one somewhere, pls tell me, I stand to be corrected). Perhaps you seniors want to draft some general rules and tips for new posters? I think it's important because all boards work slightly differently. For example, a photography board I frequent for 2nd hand goods have very specific rules like no hijacking threads to sell things on another guy's, etc. And some boards aren't as strict, people just go crazy starting new threads. What I'm trying to say is that you can't take it for granted that everyone will come in knowing how to behave... I myself am still figuring out what I'm allowed to do and not allowed to do.

Saitou

19. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Ban everyone who uses the letter 'p'.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I believe an internal Affairs will be required with this group.