1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CentSports sports betting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ThisIsOurCity, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Its a pretty neat website to mess around on, take a shot at sports handicapping, and the best part is that you cant lose any money but you can win some. I have fun with it here is the link.
    http://www.centsports.com/ref/76147/Derek_F

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If I click on that link, are you going to benefit somehow? It looks like a referral link.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Bingo. But give the guy a break -- it IS a cool website.

4. UrMyStlkAl

UrMyStlkAl Member

Except I can never cash out. I've been sitting at $44 for a while now, tried cashing out quite a few times a while back and then began to lose interest. Don't really bet anymore

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

They don't really give you money (though the site claims it does). If you have a big enough account you can buy into a raffle for a chance to cash out some of your account (at least this is how it used to be). I had 200 bucks for a couple of months and could never cash out either.

What the site is great for is teaching people not to bet on sports. If someone ever tells you they want to try sports betting, just tell them to try centsports first and see how they do. Usually people find out sports betting is far more difficult then it looks and change their mind. I did.

6. UrMyStlkAl

UrMyStlkAl Member

Yeah I def agree there. I would get up, then go broke again w/ 10 cents. I increased my money big time by betting against the Astro's this year. That was sure money. Other than that, it's a crap shoot, lol.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I was on there for a while last year, I got up to like $4.75 then I put all my money on the Suns over the Knicks...and I lost it all. I now hate the Suns. This was last season though, when they were still good.

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

so you can't cash out?

9. tallanvor

It's very difficult to (or at least it used to be about a year or two ago).
    The way it used to work was you could buy raffle tickets with your account (so the more money you have the more tickets you could buy) and if you were picked in the raffle you could withdraw some of the money from your account (this took place monthly). Hopefully they have changed the cash out process by now.

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

this is their new system

11. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

This new system is much better imo. Going to def take advantage of this and withdraw the money I have in there.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You shouldnt go into sports betting to win money...you bet for entertainment purposes.

Just like in Vegas...you set aside a certain amount of money to gamble with. If you lose it, it was fun. If you win, then great.

Sports betting's purpose is to make a Raptors/Twolves game interesting.

13. AB423

AB423 Member

How does this website teach you not to bet on sports? If that's the case, I need to show this website to a few of my friends.

14. tallanvor

Because most people lose far more then they win. Just like when people bet with real money on sports. At least this way the lesson doesn't cost you a paycheck/family/house and so on.

15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Be sure to read through their forums. Many complaints from people who "won" the cashout lottery and are not getting their money. It seems this traces back as far as nine months ago.