1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Center options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chandlerbang21, Jun 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'd love to have Chuck back, but he's making something like $6mil a year and I don't think Morey would go for that.

2. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Omeka Okafor would be solid man. He looks like a beast all he has to do is listen to Dwight on Defensive Assignments and D-Up and rebound

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

my bet would be DMo....of course that might be the plan but McHale might put in Canaan at the back up 5 for all we know. He's gone from using Scola as a backup 5 to Harden, Canaan is the next likely guy.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gentile may be a good ball handler but he is a forward. No way he can defend NBA guards with his limited lateral ability.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Holy crap, Chuck was that slim at one time!? I always thought of seeing him with that extra weight on him.

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Spencer hawes with a 3 pt ability.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Cole Aldrich.

8. Pete the Cheat

Amare was down to 22 min per game last year...you think he would accept a back-up C role on the cheap?

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

He yet to win a championship, so I'd say yes. Not sure if he's what we need tho

10. Pete the Cheat

depends how things shake out this offseason, but a big rotation of Dwight, Love and Amare seems to complement each other pretty well. Noone off the street is going to replicate the defensive impact Asik had last year.

11. solodolo

solodolo Member

Didnt amare just opt in for his last year with the knicks

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Man, if only we kept that Turk Furkan Aldemir. Thank you mental midget Royce White and clueless head coach Kevin McHale for pushing Morey to pick the deranged White.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would imagine so . . .cause I doubt anyone will give him a big contract
    so might as well soak up as much as he can on this one

Rocket River

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Brian Cook.

15. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I would be very interested in him if we make all our moves this offseason. Very capable backup and if we are done with cap room for 2014 and 2015, his contract doesn't hurt us any.

If there is an Ilyasova trade, I would love to grow it to include him. If we were to strike out on all the top guys, I would be pretty happy with an utimate result that ends up with us signing Lowry for about $10M per and trading Lin, Terrance Jones and our 2015 1st rounder for Ilyasova and Pachulia. Then resigning Parsons.

16. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Absolutely. Silly to even have him on that list.

17. Pete the Cheat

hadn't seen it officially reported anywhere. but yea, thats a lot of money to turn down