1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics trade Avery Bradley to Detroit for Marcus Morris

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 7, 2017.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It will definitely give them lineup flexibility if they can work it out, but something tells me Crowder & Hayward are going to clash and Crowder gets shipped out immediately if that's the case. Crowder is too good to be relegated to bench duty and I'm sure the bro relationship between Hayward and his old coach will not sit well with Crowder when he is sitting on the bench waiting to get into the game.

....also, I really want Crowder in Houston.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't really see that. crowder is going to still get plenty of minutes in boston. doubt he gets put on the bench. smart is better suited off the bench instead of crowder. the starting backcourt now is likely crowder and IT with hayward at the 3. and crowder can play multiple positions

3. lalala902102001

Avery Bradley covers opposing teams' best guard so Boston can hide IT on defense. Losing him is a significant loss to the Celtics.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not surpirsing Ainge traded Bradley, i didn't see him wanting to pay him next summer...still kinda strange he only got Morris back, i still expected a bit more...he also plays the same spots Crowder and Brown play, i guess they will play Hayward at the 2 with Crowder at the 3/4 with Morris playing the reminder of minutes in Crowder spots.

I don't get what the Pistons are doing though, i agree that Bradley is a bit better than Pope, but he's unrestricted next summer, Pope is still restricted, and if Pope will get a max, you can be sure Bradley is getting it too, and it's going to be bigger anyway...meh...

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

At least they were beating up some guy for sending 'inappropriate' texts to their mom... you know, unlike a certain someone that just let DeLonte West smash away at his mom.

[​IMG]

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stan is the man without a plan.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i like him as a coach, but it seems like he's another coach who like to play the gm role and just fails...

- should've traded Drummond at least one year ago
    - got Harris with a pretty big contract and ended up benching him while also paying too much an end of the bench guy like Leuer
    - drafted Stanley Johnson, he plays a terrific summer league, and he benches him to play Morris
    - needs iq, leadership and playmaking, trades for Reggie Jackson

...ugh.

The only good move he made was to rescind the D.Mo trade lol

Yaosthirdleg and J.R. like this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

So who gets the most playing time this year...
    Jaylen, Jayson, or Jae?

....I'll see myself out.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Celtics are not ready for the great coup, and they probably know it.....just tinkering with their assets.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is why all those posters saying Rox could have just traded their players away for picks then signed CP3 once they cleared capspace are wrong.

Just to clear cap space Boston needed to attach a 2nd round pick for Bradley, who is obv a very good player and much better than Morris. It's not easy to dump players when the other teams know you need to do it to sign a guy, other teams know you are desperate and will take advantage of it.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Celtics should have just gone all out. They should have got George Butler and Hayward.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Chamillionaire

Also because Brown and Tatum are ready to get significant burn.

Yeah I would've kept Avery. I would've traded Smart plus Rozier.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wow, great deal for the Pistons. Love to have Bradley here.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Ainge almost traded him to the Clippers. It was between Morris and the expiring of Lou Williams. lol

Vivi likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wow, a Beverley-Bradley backcourt would've been fun lol

malakas likes this.