1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

How about CC+fillers for Adams? Adams cost 2x more but at least he will defend and rebound.

CC+Maclemore+Hartenstein is pretty much equal to Adams' salary.

slickricky, RudyTBag and cerophilik like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, even if they'd entertain the notion, they'd try to fleece us. And we don't have much wool left for the fleecing.

I think they'd probably sit Green once they reach a certain number of losses, take the decent draft pick, come back strong next season, something like that.

smp and daywalker02 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So everybody wants to get rid of Capela because he is not good enough but think GS will trade him for essentially Draymond and filler.

Makes total sense.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Chandler is over the hill (not to mention that he's on our roster currently) and Dwight is a clown (even though he can do exactly what we need him to --- there's a reason why he hasn't been able to stick to a roster for the past 4 years)

5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Adam's can't guard the perimeter as well as CC and right now CC is not playing in crunch time. Adam's is not the answer unless he was dirt cheap.

D-rock and Lawlruschang like this.
  6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

if gsw had any front office smarts they would. they have no bigs on that team right now (theyve been playing chriss and wcs for chrissakes). thank god jerry west left the warriors and bob myers is a total idiot... bc if myers had any basketball smarts he would've traded draymond in a heartbeat during his contract year and extract max value instead of signing him to a max extension. draymond is THE perfect example of a player's value being inflated bc of the other players around him. i mean, he would for sure help some of the rockets' woes on defense... but it's pretty clear that draymond is slowing down and his lateral movement isn't the same. draymond's current contract is going to look absolutely disgusting in about a year or so.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I'd probably swap CC for Adams. I get that we lose the vertical element of the game but Adams is an impact rim runner in his own right. We might have to settle on Chandler bringing the vertical element for 18 key minutes a game (speaking about playoff time) and realize that CC+fillers is what we have to be able to take on salary. CC+fillers turned into 2-3 players maybe?

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why would we want Draymond then?

So it still makes no sense?

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Adams is a worse defender than Clint. Teams abused him in the pick n roll last year.

Adams the better offensive player

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Adams, at the same salary i could actually take him over Capela, but in this current situation it's just not worth it, he has only two years left on his contract while getting like 10M more than Clint per season. With that swap we might get better in some matchups (Warriors) but worse in other ones (Denver), i just don't see upside in that swap, and that's without even considering that swap would put us over the tax by 10M and probably cost assets like picks/young players, cause i'm not sure Presti would trade for us just to lower his team salary.

jcmoon likes this.
  11. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Adams scores significantly less volume than Clint and turns the ball over more, blocks less shots. he is worse on both ends

D-rock, clutchdabear and RudyTBag like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Grass is always greener.

Clint is now massively underrated.

JayZ750 and Lawlruschang like this.
  13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i agree with you on that. i would hope the rockets wouldn't want him either.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well first of all you are acting like CC's perimeter defense was amazing...well it's not otherwise Wiz wouldnt have sscored 158.

Adam's may not be good at defending the perimeter but he can lock down the paint, you just change the defense to a traditional one that funnels players to the big man instead of the Rox's switching D which sucks anyway. Adams is not soft like CC he will be played in crunchtime.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well considering Wiz scored 158 pts there is very little diff in the defense of CC and Adams.

Oth if Adams is the better offensive player that means he wont get benched scrubs and 6'5 PJ Tucker.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He would still get benched in crunch time here because he can’t space the floor. When you need a basket better to run 5 out offense.

I watched the thunder a ton over the years and I most def would not want him over Clint. Clint is easily the better defender. Teams force a switch on Adams and eat him for dinner. We don’t need more offense. Clint has a huge impact on what little defense we have right now.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro offense and defense do the same thing, make your opponent have a less score than you. You can never have enough offense or defense, an advantage on one can make up for the other.

The Rox's 5 out philosophy hasnt worked, even when Iggy, KD and Klay are out it still didnt work. Its time to stop that and go back to having a big man center, that C has won championships from almost every team in history apart from one with 4 allstars in their roster. In fact the only champ team in recent history with just 1 superstar (Dirk) had two of those big men, Haywood and Tyson Chandler.

If CC continues to play like a p***y then we shod ship him out, plain and simple. And if MDA is too dumb to stop midget ball then he should follow CC out the door. You got Lakers with Dwight, AD and Lebron lineup Dumbtoni wants PJ Tucker at center.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we dont have a better chance of stopping them because adams is not a good defender and doesnt block shots. you obviously do not watch thunder games like i have. he was a point of attack. force a switch, adam gets burned, they have to over help, the entire defense breaks down. they would have been better off with jerami grant or nerlens noel at the 5 to close games. his lateral movement is terrible. CLINT is easily a better defender. i dont have a problem with him playing in crunch time if that is what the coaches want to do, but over the past couple of years tucker playing as our draymond at the 5 has been our best lineup. if we traded for adams, that wouldn't change IMO. i would rather trade for Noel and pieces than adams.

the fact is with our cap situation and cheap owner, we aren't going get anything better than what we have now so we gotta roll with it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm still around, friend. Just listening to the cables and enjoying this team. Hope all is well with you, too.

itzIce, stevel, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#CodStrong

D-rock and Codman like this.