1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics Making Pierce Available In Trade Talks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fawadhm, Jan 11, 2013.

1. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

35 years old, still putting up 19PPG and is still clutch. I am not saying he is a good fit for the Rockets but he can still play. I find it pretty disrespectful from the C's to consider trading him.

1 person likes this.
  2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It would be the right thing to do really. They're on a mini win streak now and could fall back down to earth later. Sell high on him and set a framework for a rebuild. Slim chance but maybe he could still resign with Celts and retire with them after his current contract is up (of course a rebuilding team is usually a bad or mediocre team and he'd maybe want a last shot at a ring with a good team, so unlikely, if he even gets traded anyway)

You're trying, and I HATE the word "wow", cuz its so lame. But WOW, thats a bit much on the projection

Hakeem and a bottom of the 1st round pick for Michael Jordan? A "conditional" pick perhaps, after 3-4 years Rockets convey their picks of Rodrick Rhodes & Othella Harrington over? (Thats 2 PICKS even, that should be enough sweetener!)

Like saying shoulda traded Kevin Garnett and #30 pick for Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, or shoulda traded Dirk Nowitzki and #30 for Kevin Durant, but instead they let the "asset" deteriorate without selling high. When its veeeery doubtful those players coulda been had with ANY package

1 person likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The player in this photo is Michael Jordan. He was 38/39 years old and played for the Wizards a couple of years. Very unspectacular.

I was speaking of the 1995 "Michael" or "MJ", who had won 3 titles with the Bulls and was in the prime of his career. They wouldn't have traded him for the entire Rockets roster.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL @ sig

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i hope he gets traded to a black hole like the bobcats.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would have loved to have Pierce, 10 years ago.

7. Stilldream'n34

I can already see it, Pierce for Gay.
    Rondo is Boston's future and Rajon wants to play with Gay. Memphis has a playoff run with Pierce this season and waive him next season, as only 5mil of his deal is guaranteed

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Hakeem Olajuwon, Toronto Raptor.

9. joepu

joepu Member

I wouldn't mind seeing him here but how tomae thesalaries work? Only way is asik or lin. They will want asik.

10. what

what Member

It would take a lot to get Paul Pierce, but what if the spurs said f-it. They have Stephen Jackson on a 10 million dollar expiring contract. They could also offer Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter.

The spurs would be nearly unbeatable with that team.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Updates on your sig? Was it put in on your join date? Are you still going to the can?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Fresh off 3 titles:

[​IMG]

Or even:

[​IMG]

13. Sanity2disChaos

Get this s#!$ off noooowwww!

Straight disrespect

14. Sanity2disChaos

That is good for both teams actually. ....makes sense my friend

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bs, Pierce at 35 is still better than Gay right now.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

True but what if the Celtics want to look to the future with Sullinger, Rondo and one of his best friends in Gay who is still young..they are going nowhere now, they have to make a move ..and the Grizzlies are looking to contend now.

17. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Sometimes, you just gotta do the right thing and KEEP your franchise guy even if he's past his prime. Pierce needs to retire a Celtic. You cannot just trade guys who've played all their careers in your organization. Can you imagine Larry Bird getting traded to the Timberwolves during his last year for a low draft pick and a couple of bench players? No no no.

18. Luca

Luca Member

I agree, I think Pierce will retire a Celtic. His age will be a problem.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It seems like Pierce is "available" every season. Nothing ever comes of it though.

This will be the same exact way. He'll be a Celtic until the day he retires.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Garnett please