1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics GM Danny Ainge suffers heart attack but is OK

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClutchCityReturns, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just saw it on ESPN.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/19201276/detail.html

Bad luck for Boston lately...damn.

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

must have been after he found out KG is out

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wow that's crazy...artery 100% clogged for a guy still relatively young and who lived as a professional athlete for a good portion of his life.. unexpected to hear. hope all is well there

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

well it's pretty easy to enjoy all the fatty foods available these days ..especially to someone who can afford to eat out at the best restaurants 3x a day.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Doctors later inserted a stent to unclog an artery that was 100 percent clogged. ... He is expected to make a full recovery.

Happy talk.

Ainge will need to investigate lifestyle changes, in order to make a full recovery.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Uncalled for but I laughed.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good for Ainge he'll be OK. Many people don't get a warning.

8. CrazyJoeDavola

I believe this is Ainge's 2nd heart attack.

His first occurred immediately after he hit Mario Elie in the head with that inbounds past.

9. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member

That sucks, even though I don't like him after the Elie-incident it's still just a game. I still found it funny though that Elie got hit with the ball in the head just because he was cheering with Hakeem. The funny part would have been if he would have hit Olajuwon instead of Elie, they stood next to each other with their backs turned to Ainge and I still laugh at it when I think how Olajuwon would have reacted if he was the one getting the "BOUNCE" in the head.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Mario Elie is getting the last laugh.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Ainge looks reasonably healthy, not overweight. He doesn't jump out as a candidate for heart problems.

And I'm the type of person who can't gain weight for the life of me. But THIS is why I still don't eat junk/fast food and exercise regularly. People should take care of their health, forget the reasons for looking good.

12. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This actually happens a lot when people are in the late 40s to early 50s. I assume this isn't in his left main artery and it's probably in one of the smaller arteries (obtuse marginal, etc)...so most likely he'll be okay.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Glad he's going to be OK. And yes, I'd blame Garnett as well!

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Haha indeed, karma is a b****, KG and Ainge both having health problems, couldn't care less.