1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CD to be on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bullard4Life, Sep 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Thought I'd split this off from the Sura thread for more attention. CD will be on later today on 610 to give an update on Sura's situation.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Any idea what time he will be on?

3. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

They didn't give a specific time which leads me to believe it will be whenever CD feels like calling in. I'll post a summary if I'm still at work when it happens.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Matt Jackson on now after talking to CD. They are doing surgery on the back of his knee to remove cartilidge. Saying it will speed up his recovery and will make him available sometime between middle October and middle November - at the very worst early December.

Sura was down this morning, but the Rockets are hopeful that the procedure will help. They feel that he is just down at the moment because of the problems.

Apparently, the Rockets are very high on Moochie (HOLY JEEBUS). He is in, apparently, unbelievable shape - the best ever - and they are completely impressed. Wesley is in terrific shape at the moment and can play some point with DA as well.

They knew that this surgery would happen a couple weeks back. Sura was just down because he was hoping it would feel better by now.

Many of the Rockets players have been at Toyota Center for a month working out and getting ready for training camp.

5. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Looks like it wasn't CD coming on but Matt Jackson is on right now reporting what CD told him. Apparently he was having some cartilage removed from the back of the knee. Recovery is likely to be between late October and mid November with December as the latest time for his return. Apparently CD was very optimistic about the surgery and didn't see it as much of a problem.

Additionally, he said that Moochie Norris came in to camp at great shape and DWesley is in the best shape since his ROOKIE YEAR. So the Rockets are still very optimistic about the backcourt.

The Rockets knew about the second procedure two weeks ago. Sura had been working out at TC with JVG and felt a little discomfort. It was checked out, and they decided to go with surgery. Since it's the back of the knee, it will slow his rehab on the front of his knee. But the recovery time should be fairly quick.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

That's good news!

7. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Man, it's tough to hear that Bobby is down. Hope everything goes all right.

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

This is eerily reminiscent of the last stunt Matt Jackson pulled on air.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

(My) Translation: We must be trying really hard to find a taker for Moochie, and we'd even be willing to throw Wesley in as well, if someone takes Moochie off our hands :D.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

CD has always said players are in the best shape of their life yadda...yadda...yadda....

Moochie sucks, in good shape or not.

DD

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I was just in the middle of getting ready to post the same exact thing :p

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I agree, but the one thing that made this slightly more interesting is that CD wasn't the only one saying it. Apparently, JVG is fairly high on Moochie this offseason and we all know that he has NOT been high on him at any point.

So, while I agree that chances are he will be the same old Moochie, JVG isn't the type to sugar coat things like CD sometimes does.

13. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

CD also told Matt Jackson that Luther will not be sent to the NBDL.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think they're putting that stuff out there to make other teams bite on a trade. I just can't believe that Van Gundy would want Steve Francis without the swooshjets playing PG minutes on this team.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

God I hate Moochie. I mean, I'm sure he's a great guy and all, and who didn't love the 'fro... but still. God I hate him.

16. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

the stuff about mooch and wes sounds uplifting, but it has to be hyperbole. Wes has clearly shown signs of aging and as good shape as he is now, I doubt he'll last the whole season. And mooch....well, he is and has always been one of the best summer players ever....but that changes when the regular season starts.

17. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Moochie will suck even if he has MJ's body. He is mentally handicaped. He panics whenever defenses press him in backcourt.

18. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Is this a contract year for Moochie? He might play well, if it is.

If he is going to play, though, I hope he grows the fro back.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

So . . . Moochie can dribble even faster and for longer ?? ?? ??

20. tested911

tested911 Member

All I Can say is :eek: DAMN.....

What in the world. How are we supposed to feel at ease of hearing Moochie is in the best shape of his life. I mean common he hardly was even a 2nd tier player if that...

I dont know whats worse Mike James as a starter or Moochie coming off the bench as the backup guard.