1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS][UPDATED]Magic TRIED TO get Martin for Gortat, Rockets say DENIED!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 18, 2010.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya your right

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not that Ingram is a credible source but he never said Rox were interested in Haywood, he speculated they were scouting him and implied that was the case. David Nuno called him out on it and he caved.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

How many guys do we have with the potential to AVERAGE 25 ppg? With Yao out, that's a very short list. Brooks, maybe? Scola, possibly??

The great thing about KMart is that he'll get his points even if you have to sub in some D for him for half the game.

I dunno, I'd be hesitant to let him go. Effortless scorers are very hard to come by.

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

its obvious that the magic decline because they are getting arenas. a much better player even if he is washed up. gilbert can easily start at both guard positions in orlando and does more than martin on the floor overall. plus the magic don't have a legit back up if they trade gortat, and im pretty sure stan van gundy is not gonna give daniel orton minutes anytime soon.

5. Htown's2kFinest

We shouldn't trade Martin unless we get an Elite talent back.

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I fear that we're gonna end up with Haywood or Thabeet..

7. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

why would the Rockets GM or anyone part of the organization want to trade a key player like Kevin Martin when he is a big help to our team. they shouldn't even think about trading Martin at all even if there are teams interested in him especially Dallas. i just hope the rockets or in this case the GM doesn't do anything crazy and make some kind of move involving Martin. we will just have to wait and see i guess.

8. gah

gah Member

That my friend, is still a valuable skill no matter who you play with.

9. herro

herro Member

Surely more would be coming in than just Gortat if KMart was headed to Orlando.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Especially when you have a 7'6 center that shoots an unheard of 93.8% from the line.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hell no, Martin for Thabeet is garbage. They gotta throw in Mayo.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't believe this. It's worse than the Haywood/Martin rumor. If DM has stooped down to this,then it's time for him to go.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Martin and Gortat's salaries aren't even close.

I think Kberg just mis-spoke. It should read "ORLANDO tried to trade Gortat for Martin". Orlando knows we value Gortat. Orlando was looking for scoring wings (as evidenced by them eventually getting Hedo and J-Rich). Orlando probably asked for Martin and Rockets said No. Or they asked for Martin and Rockets countered with Gortat+Pietrus+Pick or something like that and Orlando said "no" and that was that. Something like that.

No one is safe on the Rockets. But any trades Rockets make will be with value in mind.

1 person likes this.
  14. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Would not be surprised if Orlando wanted a 1st rd pick from Houston also.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really hate statements like this. There are no elite talents on the market but Melo. And he isn't coming here.

If Martin isn't in our long term plans, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with trading him for somebody like Gortat who can be.

16. pge71188

pge71188 Member

This would have been a stupid move on the rockets part if it had gone through.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Oh well. Onto plan C, I guess. Thabeet?

18. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

19. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Hopefully Morey tries to get Nash and Robin Lopez.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Why exactly would Kevin Martin not be in our long-term plans, but Gortat would be?