1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sportsline top 50 players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NugzFan, Oct 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That is absolute ****! Francis @ 47? Terrell Brandon and Baron Davis are ranked much higher than Franchise!!! :mad: :confused: :eek: :( :mad: :confused: :eek:

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

conspiracy against the rocks, conspiracy against the rocks...

4. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

even i know thats way too low. he should be like 46 or so. 47 is bullcrap.

5. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

things that make you go hmm.......

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Does anybody really care what these people think??

How about this for backward logic-

14. Antonio McDyess, Denver Nuggets: He raised his level of play to the 20-10 category, and he kept the Nuggets in playoff contention.

18. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics: He can do it all and proved it last season, even after getting brutally attacked and stabbed last summer. Pierce is one to watch.

YET

47. Steve Francis, Houston Rockets: Stevie Franchise has the immense skills and mental approach to own games. The next step is to become a consistent winner.

Steve's low ranking apparantly has to do with his inability to be a consistent winner???

7. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

lets leave mcdyess out of this - your enemy is that cbs writer, not antonio :)

8. MaddogMoney

MaddogMoney Contributing Member

Look, I don't smoke NOTHIN! But I'd start if you could get me some of what that writer was smokin.

9. FranchiseBoi86

wut do they mean Carter does not have the full game compared to McGrady?

10. TxCowboy96

TxCowboy96 Member

This guy must have been smokin something! Cuz I wouldnt put Shaq as the number one player! And now with the zone I dont think he will be as effective! Heck the guy couldnt even shoot a free throw! Sure he got lucky at the end of the season last year, but he is not a consistent free throw shooter and is pretty much injured more frequently now! This is a joke! And Francis at 47, he obviously has not watch the Franchise play! This year, the Franchise will prove him wrong!

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Cassell higher than Francis!? Sad Sad Sad ... Francis easily fits in the early 30's.

Jordon ... he's only played 2 games and they rank him top 10??

Sad!

12. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Ahhhhh...look at the pretty colors

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Mutombo #12?

Please.

14. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Ask this same writer if he thinks that this means we shouldn't give Steve the max. Still, it takes time to get your props from the NBA media unless you live in NY or Stern has told the media to pump you up.

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That's it. I'm done with CBS Sportsline. They've produced too much bull**** over the last few months for me to still consider them as a decent source for NBA articles. That list is laughable.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Do these morons even know Steve Francis freakin averaged 20 points 7 rebounds and 7 assits last year? he should be the #1 PG on every Fantasy List , like he is a sportingnews.com , What a bunch of idiots . :eek:

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Lists like his are a waste of time. They claim that Francis has to take the next step and be a consistent winner, then proceeded to put Jamison ahead of him at #46, and Elton Brand at #23!! Then they said they were tempted to RANK HIM HIGHER! Francis almost averaged a triple double, was a key go-to guy, and whose team won 45 games, and they have him ranked below these guys! And they have him ranked slightly ahead of Ben Wallace! What can you say about trash like this!

18. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

THAT GUY IS A STINKING MORON! HOW DO THEY CONSIDER HIM AN EXPERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Thanos

Thanos Member

No wonder I never bother to check their site...

list like these are a waste of time, anyway.

20. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Thats so diculous, It's ridiculous.