1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2013.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

JR has 4 of the first 6 threads in the GARM breaking news. I'm seriously thinking he's got like 4 screens up on his desk with servers stacked up in his office. Screw day trading.....breaking Rox news is where it's at. I don't rep much....but when I do it'll be for JR now.

2. Convictedstupid

Rather keep Lin and Asik rather than get Rondo. Rondo is great with the ball in his hands, but I like Harden controlling the ball more.

3. treeman

treeman Member

TMITMITMITMITMITMITMITMITMITMITMI!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's overload time. Would they do this unless they already had some sort of off-the-record verbal commitment? They are already blowing up the team...

I get waiving Brooks and Delfino, but Lin and Asik are cornerstone players. Why shop them unless you are 100% SURE?!?

(which tells me, the F/O is 100% sure, and they are not wasting any time in using the assets they've accumulated to build a serviceable team around Harden/Howard/Parsons, because our bench will be decimated if we don't...)

4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

PLEASE PLEASE YES....

5. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

McHale just has to remind Ainge of how he got Boston a championship by shipping Garnett there. Time to return the favour :)

6. treeman

treeman Member

And also, with a likely eye on ANOTHER star if they are shedding both Lin and Asik...

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

NO MOREY!!! YOU'RE GOING TOOO FAR WITH IT!!! RELAXX!!!!!

But nah I trust this man. Dude is ruthless but who cares if it puts us in position for #3.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This is getting a bit dangerous. We're starting to mess with chemistry... I'm a little worried.

9. pnr

pnr Member

Lowry isn't coming here if McHale is still here. He was released for this whole reason...

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

for the sake of LOFs i hope lin doesnt get traded to one of those cities with ruthless fanbases.. they think we are bad..

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You think Parsons is going to be a perennial allstar for sure?!
    You are confident.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

and now comes Aldridge! Please!

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

My trouser hives are moist with honey.

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

It doesn't make sense to make Lin and Asik available after T-Rob is sent to Portland.

15. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

I only trust Woj. So until he says so I won't believe what everyone else says. JLin must stay!!!

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If Rondo and Harden are on the same team, Harden's role changes. Rondo will be he primary ball handler while Harden is more of the spot up shooter, which he's awesome at as well. Harden can be primary playmaker when Bev is in since he can shoot the three consistently.

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

Oh, and also, if we sign Howard, and trade Asik/Lin, looks like we would target Josh Smith. He's a nice player, but I honestly don't want him, unless it's a plan C. I'd much prefer we try to get Aldridge or Love.

18. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

Rondo + D12 on.the.same team bricking fts left and right

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Not crazy about trading Asik. I think he is great insurance in case Dwight misses some games. But I'm willing to see how it all plays out.

20. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Not that T Rob was a big loss, but man if Asik and Lin are gone w/o Howard Morey will be grilled!!

This either shows we are very confident or very crazy!