1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports: Offseason Grade for Every Team. Rockets Are Worst at C-

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Sep 8, 2018.

1. rockets13champs

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

As of today, there's no way to say what will happen this year.

I'm of the belief that the guys we're bringing in will WAY more than make up for what we've lost, and that the leadership of the CP3/Harden duo will continue to get the most out of whatever combos MDA put on the floor.

You, on the other hand, hate Melo. ;)

#42 topfive, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    clutchdabear likes this.
  3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Same story every year.

Pre-season: "Rockets lost a lot of pieces. Their chemistry won't be as good and they won't be competitors."

April: "Why should Harden get the MVP? The Rockets are stacked!"

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@J.R. for the win

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont think Harden and Paul together for a year or not makes much difference. They are both high IQ players.

That additional yearwould be a more important factors for role players around them. And we have changed the role players/

I would rather take CP of a year younger which means less of an injury risk. The older he gets the more injury prone he will be and the longer it will take him to recover.

Capela's improvement, even if he does, is not enough to offset the lack of our perimeter defense.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Melo moving from OKC to HOU makes OKC A+ and HOU C-.

It's like the joke that when an Aggie moved from Texas to Oklahoma, he raised the average IQs of both states.

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Last year Chris Paul was labeled the biggest loser of the offseason

and we ended up 1 game away from a championship

This year our whole franchise are labeled the biggest losers of the offseason

... championship confirmed?

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I guess Warriors adding Cousins automatically gets a A but us adding Melo has nothing but red flags lol gimme a break.

don grahamleone and clutchdabear like this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ok, I'm sorry, but I've been out with my wife and older daughter (mega Rox fan) and just saw this thread. It's true that I have tasted every fine Colorado Whiskey that Distillery 291 ( https://distillery291.com/ ) had to offer and finished with an EXCELLENT Old Fashion, but this is total Horse Sh_t. Come on a C-!

- We signed Carmelo Anthony (multi-all star and 3 time gold medal) winner for the minimum. Let me repeat that--the minimum.
    - We just traded one of the top #3 albatross contracts for 2, not 1, but 2 former #8 Lottery Picks who could BOTH contribute to the rotation or another DM trade miracle. Oh yeah, we tossed in the #46 pick in last draft to make that happen--excuse me, that's God-like genius (I hope).
    - We signed a solid player in James "We going to beat GS" Ennis for a small 2-year deal to bolster our bench.
    - We picked up MCW and Bruno as dudes that have something to prove, and may yet do that.
    - We signed Hartenstein, who looks like he could add some bulk and depth to our 5 position.

I won't talk about the other minor stuff, but for a non-biased analyst that's at least a B+, but perhaps even an A-. Losing Ariza and Luc don't compare to the fire power and raw talent we've brought in. This is TOTAL BS. Just let it go my brothers and sisters, its not even worth contemplating.

Damn, Colorado's Distillery 291 was recognized as the best Rye Whiskey in THE WORLD in a blind taste test. I concede its some very good drink and I think after this year, our very own HOUSTON ROCKETS will also be recognized as THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Ok, I'm out--GO TEXANS!

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Still got Splash, still got green light, still got his royal thickness, still got Clint, MVP, God. Melo. New guys. I'm chill.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Damn. The only thing worse than losing the postgame show is losing the offseason letter grades.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

I wonder why you guys care about the media's opinions smh ....
    Shut up and driblle and let the W do the talking.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

No one gave a **** last year when we signed Luc. Now losing him and Ariza is going to tank the team lulz

15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I don't think we're done yet. But yeah, so far, it's pretty poor. I like the Ennis acquisition, though.

Zboy likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

idc what any of the talking heads have to say...

and I believe we will do our talking on the court..

end of story...

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

How is that surprising?

Cousins at vet min, even if he comes back at 75% of what he was, is a steal for the Warriors. It was one weak spot they had and they might fill that void with one of the best centers in the league.

Melo is a has been and he was never a team player even when he wasnt washed up. Yes, that is a red flag.

Cousins makes the Warriors stronger defensively. Melo makes us weaker defensively.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thank you. Finally someone with sense.

19. Sino rocketfan

Ball don't lie.
    Talk is cheap. Don't be bothered.

20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lmao.. "Cousins makes the Warriors stronger defensively." uhhhhh WHAT?? cousins has always been one of the worst defenders in the league.. and gsw's best defensive lineup is with donkey at center, kd at the 4, and andre at 3.

and cousins is at mle, not vet min. gsw biggest needs in the offseason were 3&D wing and a vet lead guard to spell curry when he's resting/injured. they spent that mle on cousins and didn't have any room to address their two biggest needs.