1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports line on Mo, Anderson & Carlos

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by barbourdg, Jul 2, 2001.

1. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

I just picked this up, seems like they are stating that Mo doesnt want to return to Houston? I know that is BS!!!.

ALSO, regarding Orlando - if they are ready to dump players (for cap space), how about Brendan Haywood or Steven Hunter as a consolatation prize (cheap), if we cannot pick up a center.

Rockets Set Rogers Free,
    Taylor, Anderson Opt Out

SportsTicker

HOUSTON (July 2) -- Forwards Maurice Taylor, Shandon Anderson and Carlos Rogers ended their asssociation with the Houston Rockets and became free agents Monday.

Taylor and Anderson each decided not to exercise player options for next season while the Rockets declined to pick up their option on Rogers.

Taylor averaged 13.0 points and 5.5 rebounds in his only season with the Rockets afer signing as a free agent. The 24-year-old played his first three seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers and has career averages of 14.3 points and 5.3 rebounds in 248 games.

Anderson, 27, averaged 8.7 points and 4.1 rebounds last season, his second with the Rockets after leaving Utah as a free agent. He has averaged 8.9 points and 3.5 rebounds in 361 games with Utah and Houston.

Rogers, 30, averaged 4.6 points and 3.6 rebounds last season. He also has played with Golden State, Toronto and Portland and has averaged 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds in 276 games.

st 07-02-01 16:10 et

------------------

2. Silk

Silk Member

Is that the whole article, cause it doesnt really say anywhere that they dont want to come back...

------------------
    President of MY fan club.

3. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Where exactly are they stating that???

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

So many free agents are signing with their own teams this year. They've got to have something to write about, and get the hype going about who might go where ... The truth would be really boring...

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

5. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

The way they wrote the following sentence, seemed to portray, that all three were ridding themselves of the Rockets, which is totally BS.

Forwards Maurice Taylor, Shandon Anderson and Carlos Rogers ended their asssociation with the Houston Rockets

------------------

6. Silk

Silk Member

That looks like its fromt the AP wire... read it. theres no insight, no comments, no editorialization; it is completely unbiased. NO ones lying, just a couple people not reading the article.

------------------

7. Silk

Silk Member

...OK.

I can see how that could be a lil confusing. News writers have the obligation to put all information into the first sentence in as few words as possible. Youll especially notice this in wire articles.

You have to read the rest of the article to confirm any differences in connotations of the words. But ending associations does not mean "they wont go to lil Rudy T's birthday party"

They are talking about the options not being picked up.

But i suppose your right it could have been worded a lil differently

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silk (edited July 02, 2001).]