1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Harden pushed for McHale's firing & angled for Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 25, 2016.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is true. Giving into Harden's demands only makes his head grow larger.

l wonder if Harden will try to fire Morey and Les? This is going to be a wild summer. If Morey can't surround Harden with some big time talent, then the Rockets have to consider what Harden could bring back in a trade.

I'm just wondering what it would take to make Harden happy and want to stay with the Rockets.

I'm actually starting to think that Harden's relations with the Kardashian clan has something to do with this disaster of a season.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Those Harden quotes don't sound great, out of context or not.

3. rockets13champs

We need to acquire a vet to keep harden in check

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Thank you. Exactly.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Olajuwon had a say in players who came to the team, so what Harden says is not that big of a deal.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Then Harden will trade/release that vet. ;)

Frauden cannot be kept in check! Send him back to LA!

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

When he can play on both ends of the court like Hakeem..

Hustle the entire game like Hakeem...

Play with his heart like Hakeem..

Win 2 Championships like Hakeem...

Act like a man and put a way childish things like Hakeem...

Then and only then can you compare him to Hakeem...

T_Man

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

You know how to kill all the speculation and negative reports? Go on a 10 game winning streak.

9. dragician

dragician Member

sad story bro.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol what a load of rubbish

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with the quotes that the superstars should have a say. But, I won't put any blame on Harden for McHale getting fired 11 games into the season, even if he outright told Morey he wanted McHale fired. Firing a head coach on a supposed contender at the beginning of the season and then playing the next 70 games with an interim coach is just boneheaded. McHale should have been fired early last offseason, early next offseason, or not at all. That's on Les and Morey, not Harden.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I stand by what I wrote a week before the Denver game and what I witnessed during and after that same game.

Even IF James wanted Kevin out of Houston, it didn't matter anymore. Kevin was already GONE because he had completely LOST the locker room without ANY chance to regain an environment that was remotely conducive to a positive, winning atmosphere.

Even before I watched him rip his jacket off around 20 seconds left in regulation, with that familiar wide-eyed head shake, that look of bewilderment and the obliteration of forward-thinking ideas , Kevin McHale was, without question, the most defeated looking member of the Houston Rockets organization. Even the constant brightness that Jet brings into a huddle would fail in providing any sort of light to the Rockets' black cloud.

Before that game, I heard it was a horrendous feeling of doubt, resentment and gloom for our guys rocking red. But hell, when I saw the total disconnect of personalities on the court (From inappropriate mingling with fans as we were losing badly, to laughter during a time out while Kevin was talking, to my guy Trev staring up to the scoreboard while sitting in front of some broadcasters), it was CLEAR that our head coach, his philosophy, his voice, but most importantly, the belief and trust in his approach and investment was all but gone.

The point is that even if James was/is a diva, the path the Rockets were on was going to send McHale out no matter what.

This is not to say that I don't place responsibility on James for our sad excuse of a season, but I just could see (and hear) internal issues that had no resolution without a major change.

In respect to James' relationship with Dwight, I've always heard that they weren't the best of friends, but that they were friendly, got along and wanted to win.

We can all see how both Dwight and James have MEGA-STRONG personalities, but I think both recognize they are better together on this Rockets team than when one is missing. I'm sure they recognize the window of chemistry closing, but I don't know if I buy that James was pushing for Dwight to be ousted from Htown. In fact, reports from not too long ago suggest more of a "tough-love" type of brotherhood between the two, where despite the awful record, they want to come out of this thing on a good side.

Dwight said he wanted to be here, and even if he is one of the most hated men in the NBA for God knows why, I take him at his word.

And, even with his immense immaturity at some points, I don't think James is "LeBroning" the Rockets with demands of firings and trades. I'd hate to be wrong.

Reality check: We are in 9th place with enough time to make the playoffs. This narrative of James vs. Dwight, James vs. Kevin, ___ vs.___ is just ANOTHER ploy to bring negativity to the Rockets.

They want to kick our guys while they're down, even if it's through social media or rumors for the sake of rumors. We're not innocent, but dang, it really starts to feel like the league, parts of the media and other entities are just waiting for it all to implode.

We're not imploding just yet.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This is gonna be good

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

another bull**** rumor made up by the biased media. nothing better to do than to make **** up since thats all they can do.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm conflicted. On one hand, i think Harden is such a special player that you cannot cut him loose. But on the other hand, i've seen too many lapses in effort and consistency (especially on the defensive end), when added to the lockerroom and off-the-court dynamics, it's clear that he is not a leader, nor does he have the maturity to maximize his potential.

So; truth be told, if we shipped Harden off tomorrow, as long as we were fairly compensated (if that is even possible), i wouldn't be upset about it. I expect more from our franchise player. And we should keep making moves until we find someone worth building around.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Harden was at his best playing with Dmo. He misses Dmo. :(

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden depends on DMo's elite boxing out.

We've solved the problem guys!

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

All bull, Harden and Howard are quite different from Kobe and Shaq. There is no logic point for Harden to pushing for McHale's firing and angling for Howard trade. We already knew that the Howard trade had something to do with his request of a max. McHale was fired, because stupid Les thought this team could win it all this year due to the last year result, and after a few losses even Les started to question the Morey hiring's McHale, wanted to fire him before fans and players action.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So Rockets waiting on this before they bring MT back?

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Codman, I totally agree that from the outside it appeared McHale lost the locker room. There was no turning that around.