1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cbs sports blog]Rockets are certainly being Active

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 9, 2011.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

link

something needs to be done and soon

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Chris Paul. Yes please

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

This is just a re-hashing of the Chronicle article (RealGM style); I'm not sure it's thread-worthy.

4. thejav

thejav Member

That would be horrible..

5. roswell raygun

... for the Hornets.

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

...for NOLA!

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

It's not too much. We have Courtney Lee and PPat that could capably fill in as starters. Having a superstar like Paul would dramatically help the team.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chad Ford chat:

Eric (Houston)
    The Rockets going to make any moves? They have so many assets and not enough minutes for all of them. Brooks/Lee/Hill enough to get an all star?

Chad Ford (1:12 PM)
    They are working the phones. I've heard from a lot of teams that everyone on their roster is available right now. Darryl Morey is one of the more proactive GMs in the league. He's hunting. The problem is that there are so many conservative GMs ... it's not easy to make a deal.

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Carmelo's going to LA or NY. CP3 is not getting traded just yet. That being said:

Short term, we need to find a big guy to make a run at the 8th spot (Nene, Perkins, other)...unless Granger is indeed available, then make a run at him.

Long term, keep some assets, shed some salary, and prepare for the 2012 free agency (or trade deadline next year).

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW, business certainly has picked up during the last few days...well at least the rumor mill has picked up.

11. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Morey raped NY with that McGrady trade. Every GM is scared to play along now :(

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you never know about Paul.

NBA is looking for a new owner for that team, that's struggling financially. A new owner might not want to touch that team with big contracts. Paul is one of them.

Or they could want to keep him and blow the rest of the team up to keep a star there to interest a potential owner. Who knows...but Martin and Scola, I believe, are too much for Paul if another team isn't involved to bring in anotherh player...which would probably have to happen anyway to match salaries.

lol (srry)...but if the Hornets are struggling financially, it wouldn't make since to trade for Martin and Scola, who still have years on their contracts.

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

no houston is spelled H-O-U-S-T-O-N not hornets silly :grin:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

not much rape when you consider All Morey will end up with is Jordan Hill (not impressive) and a the 2012 draft pick (which will probably be a mid-late first rounder). Morey did rob Sacramento though.

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Um no he didnt. It was a good trade for both sides. NY is a playoff team in the East this year, Jared Jeffries doesnt even play, Jordan Hill is looking just like an average player in the NBA nothing special. I wouldn't go so far to say Morey rapped them.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

A late 1st rounder, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries for the largest expiring contract in the league is rape?

17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't call it "rape," since it actually helped the Knicks indirectly. But I would call it taking full advantage of another team's situation. I mean, we did get a first round pick for nothing.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we didn't get it for nothing. We've had to carry Jared Jeffries and his $6 million dollar salary for almost 2 seasons.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

And that's assuming you value an expiring contract as worthless.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Who do you think that cost us?