1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Adrian Peterson suffers gruesome leg injury

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by davidio840, Dec 24, 2011.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34020480

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

That looked horrible....

I feel bad for him, Vikings should have rested him.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Easy to say that now

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Vikings season was over two months ago but its tough to pay somebody millions and rest them if they are healthy I cant fault the Vikings...

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Didn't they give him a contract?

Ouch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uu4h2DZQxAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. HPD

HPD Member

Hes done possibly part of next season.....

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

AD may be done forever. I remember the Culpepper hit. It also made me sick to my stomach.

8. macho87

macho87 Member

$100 mil for a running back. Not a great idea.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

He will still be effective. Willis McGahee injury was the worst I have ever seen and that was no where close.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Wow that's amazing they believe it's only an ACL tear. I hope that's all it is and that he makes a full recovery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

As expected, an MRI had confirmed that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson suffered a torn ACL during Saturday’s win over the Redskins. The Vikings announced the results of the MRI tonight.

While the Vikings’ statement addressed no other damage in the knee, Tom Pelissero of 1500espn.com reports that Peterson also has a torn MCL. Though the degree of the MCL sprain isn’t identified, Pelissero writes that the MCL will heal without surgery.

There was no damage to the PCL and, presumably, the LCL.

So the news could have been worse for the Vikings. After the injury and the initial evaluation, the Vikings believed the ACL was torn and feared more extensive damage elsewhere in the knee.

Peterson’s timetable for a return isn’t known. His availability for 2012 will depend on various factors.

Fortunately for Peterson, the Vikings were willing to sign him to a long-term deal before the expiration of his rookie contract, which shifted the injury risk from the player and to the team.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Definitely McGahee was the worst looking, but you can't assume every RB can come back full strength from a blow to the knee like that. McGahee was very much an exception, not the rule.

12. Summer Song Giver

McGahee wasn't even the same after the injury, in his college days he was every bit the talent of ADP, afterwards the burst was not the same and he was more of a plodder. The knee injury dramatically changed what McGahee could have been.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Didn't he come back to say he wanted to help his fantasy football owners?

Since I had you I have to say thanks, but I will not be drafting you next season.

14. The Real Shady

McGahee tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL. He completely destroyed his leg and was able to come back.

AD will come back, but he'll never be the same.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yea he tweeted something about wanting to come back for all of his fantasy owners. Probably this biggest mistake of his career.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Peterson is 26, going on 27...

Does that make a big difference compared to McGahee who was probably 20/21 at the time?

17. The Real Shady

AD seems to be in good spirits over new years in the hospital. Love the pic. :grin:

[​IMG]

18. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

What hospital?

Blue Bell isn't a national thing... Pres. Bush had it delivered to the white House for like $400 for 8 cartons or something

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

AP, like most great running backs, is from Texas.