1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sportline NFL Top 50 - Mario #6

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stack24, Jun 30, 2008.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

23 by Michael Strahan a few years back after Favre knelt down in front of him to give him the record.

Previous record was 22 and 1/2 by Mark Gastineau back in like 86 or something.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remembered that Strahan had the record, and that it was handed to him by Favre...but for whatever reason I thought the number was less than that. Okay, maybe close to 20 sacks for Mario wouldn't be too amazingly out of the question...but I still expect more like what we saw last year as far as sacks go...unless Colvin plays a lot and/or Okoye really improves his pass rush and help to free up Mario's pursuit.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Vinent - how's my azz taste?

sincerely,
    Mario

(courtesy of Shaq)

PWN3D

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm thinking D. Ryans shoulda been on that list instead of Williams...but at least we had some players on there!

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Mario definitely belongs on the list, but #6? That's a little premature.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a preseason ranking...this is their prediction on how players will perform this season. And they feel Mario is going to be the 6th best player in the league this season. It's like trying to pick the superbowl favorite during preseason. It's just a ranking that says Mario will pick up where he left off last season.

Congrats Mario! That'll shut the haters up.

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Mario already is arguably the best pass rusher in the league. Jared Allen may have a fight for it, but you really could swap them out for #1 or #2 and not be wrong either way.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, so far things really have paned out with the Mario pick. Thankgod, after hearing so much crap from other people about not getting Vince or Bush.....Last season was HUGE!

They "make great success".

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

good stuff...

i cant wait for this upcoming season. we just need to stay healthy

10. Asian Sensation

Let me take a wild guess.... Steelers fan? :::::::::: reads signature::::::::: oh wait..

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

12. Hdogg523

Hdogg523 New Member

i think ryans should be somewhere on the list not just the mentionables... but it is refreshing to hear some good things about the texans

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Too funny. They made that into a ringtone.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

They wont be out in 3 years but ... :D

Where's Ray Lewis on the list? Not a great list but yeah Big Ben and Polamalu are behind Ed Reed and Carson Palmer, sorry Steelers Fans.

Mario is ranked too high. He should be a couple notches higher or lower than Andre Johnson.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's a much more fun read involving Umentiora

It's actually a link to a link. But the second link on that page is NSFW 'cause it has a picture of the girl's t*tties that writes the blog. Could all be BS, but it's just crazy enough to not be made up.

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

so he likes golden showers and **** on peoples chests? hahaha yeah.. that's professional.

def not taking any of his opinions

#36 magnetik, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Man its a whooole other world with people with big money in high places...Geez..but hey whatever cuz all about her taking care of her kids and all...So thats what she's gonna tell those kids of hers when she tells them how she got them into college? And she got paid 75,000 to shut up and STILL talked?

basically, take his opinion lightly.