1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Andre Johnson Was Denied New Contract

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Huh? Did you even read what I said? Where in my post did I say he's making too much money? Please point that out, thank you in advance.

He's making what he should be making...12 million isnt enough? He shouldnt be the highest paid WR in the NFL, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with him and his 12 million dollar cap hit (6.5 in base, 500k signing bonus, 1.0 in roster bonus, 200k in option bonus, and 4.0 in restructured bonus).

How many WR in the NFL can boast numbers that high? Andre is being paid like he's one of the best in the NFL. What reasoning do you have for him to be paid more? Is he Calvin Johnson?

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Uh, bc it makes much more sense to load up on defense to win a championship than it does to load up at WR.

Do us a favor...why dont you look at the last 10 championship teams and tell me which ones had two receivers with 10+ million dollar cap hits.

You dont win championships by spending a good chunk of cap space on WR, you just dont. A player like Andre should not require another all-world WR in order for the team to be successful.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Remii is one of the worst posters in the history of the internet

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson said he's in a &quot;situation&quot; where he's focused on things. Will see &quot;what happens.&quot;</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/466295295241101312">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson: &quot;Is this still the place for me?&quot;</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/466295449188839424">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Johnson has not requested trade. Talks to Texans once a week. But he's been through a lot, Texans are rebuilding and he's unsure of future</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/466295768026861568">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson: &quot;This offseason has been very frustrating for me.&quot; Doesn't plan to attend OTAs. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/466295986512334848">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Losing, new coach, new QB hasn't sat well with Johnson</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/466296135796019200">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson says he's been wondering if this is the place for him. Says he doesn't plan to be at OTAs or minicamp currently. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/statuses/466296378638209024">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Johnson said losing has been frustrating him. Mentioned being on his third head coach. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/statuses/466296714773942273">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....it's not a "problem" to begin with. Andre is under contract and we've got a really good #2.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm sure Dre is just afraid of being a part of another rebuilding process.

Either that or he really loved Schaub and Kubes.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Time to trade Andre to a contender. He doesn't want to be here.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. #FreeDre

9. REEKO_HTOWN

Trade him to Denver for a 3rd rounder.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I secretly wished we could have traded him to Carolina or Seattle during the draft for a mid round pick.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Um, no. That's not how that works, his contract doesn't end till 2017, who cares if he's being a little bit petulant right now? He'll get over it.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

#andreinhtown4life

13. REEKO_HTOWN

Hell no. This isn't Brian Cushing or some JAG. He deserves to get a chance at a ring. Bob will understand and I'm sure he will let him go. **** it 6th rounder for Dre.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

That's inhumane.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Andre just has a little sand in his cooch. He'll get over it.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't "deserve" anything other than his pay. Why the hell would the Texans hurt their team just because Johnson is a little bit whiny about the changes the team made?

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is pretty troubling. It would be painful to see him in another uniform. Hope he gets on board at some point.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Something is fishy here. I guarantee the Patriots will be all over this and dangle Ryan Mallet and future pick for him. Wouldn't be shocked if Brady himself has called AJ. I hate the Patriots and as much as I love AJ if he is going to pout his way out and end up on NE, I wish him nothing but failure.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he will, he's got no leverage. His choices are to either get on board or retire. Honestly I don't even care which one he chooses at this point. If he is going to be the team oriented guy he's always been it'll be great to have him on board, if he's going to be a whiner, good riddance. I have zero tolerance for multimillionaire whiners.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans wasted Andre's good years with crappy management, coaching, and ownership. Time for McNair to do him a solid and let him go to a contender. Could you imagine the stats Dre would have put up if he had real QBs throwing to him.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.