1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Andre Johnson Was Denied New Contract

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta love fan fiction.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Yeap... And that explains why Clowney didn't know he was going to be drafted until the last minute. That happens alllll the time with #1 overall picks. I guess the rumors of the Texans trying to trade the pick was fan fiction as well.

3. jdm485

jdm485 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Soo the <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL">@NFL_ATL</a> podcast says that Andre Johnson not happy with the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans">@HoustonTexans</a></p>&mdash; Jack (@JZSlowBoogie) <a href="https://twitter.com/JZSlowBoogie/statuses/465367269724651520">May 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently, AJ wasn't happy about the draft selection(s). Here's a link to the podcast (starts at about 37:24) http://www.nfl.com/podcast/aroundtheleague-podcast/1399776129000/detail?campaign=Twitter_podcasts_atl

For what it's worth, AJ's brother seemed pretty happy about the Clowney pick. He was hanging out with Clowney and DJ on Friday night.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

37:20 for anyone wondering...

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

"The Texans didn't want Clowney"......

Please go find another team to root for. You create your own stories in that delusional mind of yours.

6. Remii

Remii Member

AJ didn't like the draft selections...??? He must know nothing about football.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

AJ deserves a break. He has given this organization so many breaks on restructuring his deals, he deserves to sit out a voluntary workout.

This guy already has that locked up.

[​IMG]

8. Summer Song Giver

AJ got more years/more money each time he restructured so if even if he lessened his cap hit for the year the restructure was done it wasn't like he didn't benefit.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Andre can do what he wants, short of fully leaving the team, and I don't think it would change my opinion of him.

He is the most beloved Texan in franchise history, and was/is the top receiver for many years. A class guy. So what if he misses voluntary workouts? His route running is already exceptional; I am not worried.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Probably pissed we didn't draft Manziel or Bridgewater. Johnson has played his entire career with crappy and mediocre QBs.

11. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know how excited Dre would be with one of those rookie quarterbacks who probably wouldn't get to play their 1st year. For all we know he may be down with Case. Who knows what he didn't like about the draft. Hard to speculate.

He could be upset that he's stuck on a team that's in a rebuilding situation which it has been for a majority of his career... Combine that with his contract situation. Who knows.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He publicly said he wanted clowney

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

14. awc713

awc713 Member

My buddy's dad ran into AJ the day after the first round.

He asked: "What do you think of the pick?"

AJ's response: "doesn't matter"

I love Andre...but man thats really depressing if he feels that way. And from the looks of this thread, he really is pissed at the Texans. Hard to blame him, dude wants to win and we were forced to clean house

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

AJ is becoming a grumpy old man

16. awc713

awc713 Member

Yeah, I guess. Hard to stomach because Aj has been the epitome of a stand up guy, a true professional during his career. The fact that he is pissed off enough to disclose his feelings with my friends dad is disturbing.

Hopefully we start winning. Winning cures all.

17. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

He is right though. What he thinks of it doesn't matter...wait as typing this I realize that maybe he could be pissed that what he thinks doesn't matter to the organization. Brain 360 right there.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

And then he yelled, "And get off my lawn!"

19. Remii

Remii Member

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What, you wouldn't be excited if Ryan Fitzgerald was throwing you the ball?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.