1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs vs Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by peleincubus, May 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Asian Sensation

2. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

If Lebron loses Finals, does it tarnish his legacy?

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

His Big Three turned into a Big One.
    No.

4. adobo

adobo Member

Yes, regardless of the outcome, his top 5 of all time. But losing so many finals might state how bad the East is.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hawks never heard of pump fakes

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Mike Scott is hurting the Hawks so much.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

wrong thread woops

8. lalala902102001

Both Magic and Bird lost a bunch of times in the finals when they were playing each other. It didn't tarnish their legacies. Lebron is carrying a roster made up of players from non-playoffs teams like last year's Cavs and this year's Knicks to the NBA finals. This is pure greatness.

That said, they have almost no chance against GS even with a healthy Kyrie. GS is just that good.

9. adobo

adobo Member

Do you think this current Hawks/Cavs had any chance against Clippers, Memphis, Rockets and GSW?

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

this CAVs team going to enter into the Oracles on wheelchairs.
    The warriors just gotta turn up and the trophy is pretty much theirs.
    Can't get any easier than this.

11. lalala902102001

If the Cavs had both Irving and Love healthy they would have a chance against any Western team. As injured as they are now they have no chance against GS or a healthy Memphis but may have a fighting chance against other western teams.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Splash Brothers will rain down. Rain, rain, rain all day!

[​IMG]

13. adobo

adobo Member

What i'm implying is this....

Must be very comforting to only play a team that is SOMEWHAT comparable to a playoff Western teams once in the whole playoffs.

Teams in the west had to play contenders each series for the playoffs. Cavs not so much.

So let's not exaggerate this accomplishment.

14. lalala902102001

Yes the East is not nearly as tough as the West but let's give the credits when credits are due. Lebron's old team that made last year's Finals have been watching the playoffs at home after he left and most of his current teammates have nothing but failures in the NBA record wise (playing in the weak East as well). Lebron is the difference maker that no other NBA player can be.

15. adobo

adobo Member

I acknowledge that Lebron is a difference maker. The teams offense and defense is negated basically through him, so if he all of a sudden disappears...it changes everything.

When he left Heat, it changed there whole dynamics....plus losing Ray Allen, Norris Cole etc.. + losing Bosh for half of the season through injuries does not help. And to think, Heat still almost made it to the playoffs in the EAST :eek:

Plus let's not forget that Kyrie/Love did play through the regular season + they also acquired great role players.

You make it seem like Lebron had a bunch of D'Leaguers in his team.

16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

As I said before only 2 teams can beat the Warriors...

Spurs and Cavs. IF Warriors were to play the Cavs in the final, they will have a handful trying to stop/slow Lebron James. I still like the Warriors chances against Cleveland but don't be surprise if Cavs knock the Warriors out in the Finals.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If Kyrie is healthy, they have a great chance.

Thompson/Mozgov v. Green/Bogut will be fun to watch.

The Cavs need Kyrie healthy to even out the back court offensively, but the edge will still go to the Warriors.

But the Warriors clearly have no one to stop Lebron. Lebron has had some great great games v. the Warriors the past few seasons, including this year. He's too quick for Green/Barnes, and too strong for Iggy/Klay.

If Lebron re-discovers his jumpshot, the Warriors will be in deep deep trouble.

18. houseofglass21

dellavedova meets curry's ankles

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

ouch...

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm biased for Cleveland, but here's what I think:

Warriors 51/49 if Kyrie and Kevin were healthy.

Warriors 60/40 if Kyrie is healthy. Maybe 65/35? I thought the Rockets were also 60/40, provided they wouldn't put up such a stinker like they did in game 3.

80/20 if Kyrie is out. It would be one for the history books adding the aura of Cleveland winning it's first title.