1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs trying to land Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 25, 2013.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Thompson is better than you give him credit for and is a perfectly capable starter. He's already a 12-10 player with plus defensive potential (and is okay already) and he's only 22. I think he's the type of player who is not a #1 or #2 option, but would play really well as a role player starter (I also think he's a poor mans Nerlens Noel, and that pairing the two would be a mistake) . Thompson+Waiters+#1 overall would be pretty intriguing move on both ends - Minnesota avoids the risk of Love leaving in free agency, gets to put together a fun backcourt with Rubio and Waiters, and gets to take a bet on the #1 overall.

Meanwhile, the fans would get lots more Uncle Drew commercials.

2. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

Yes, so much yes!

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Cabs trying to at least be relevant before pitching for Lebron

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/25/wolves-kevin-love-reject-trade-offer/?sct=uk_t2_a6

The Cleveland Cavaliers own the No. 1 pick in this Thursday’s NBA Draft and are reportedly trying to decide between Kentucky’s Nerlens Noel and Maryland’s Alex Len.

But the team tried to use the No. 1 pick in the draft, along with two previous lottery picks of theirs, to attempt to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love. The Wolves rejected the trade idea, reports ESPN.com.

Love can opt out of his contract with the team in 2015, but he spent most of the season injured after breaking his hand doing knuckle pushups. He only played in 18 games last season, averaging 18.3 points and 14 rebounds a game.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

When Love leaves the Timberwolves for peanuts...and they couldve been in contention for next year's top pick. That wouldve been really the smartest thing to do...

Get this years #1, get Waiters and Tristan Thompson???

For some reason, I think the Cavs really tried giving the most/fair compensation for a guy that may just bounce at the end of next season.

#1 pick this year, and a most likely top lotto pick next year??? Trading Love for something makes sense, and I think the Cavs offered way more than the Rockets couldve

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

should be a wakeup call for Rox fans who think we're gonna pull KLove or LMA for an above average player and a pooh pooh platter of odds n ends....

1 person likes this.
  7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This would such an awful trade for Minn. Would make Cleveland SCARY though

8. Fantasma Negro

Morey should step in and send T.Rob to get Waiters and the #1pick to deal to L.A in a sign and trade for Howard

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL wut?

10. Fantasma Negro

I know I kinda tongue tied myself on that one. I know it won't happen but its fun to see what gets kicked around this time of year

11. Gri

Gri Member

This what I was thinking. I never believed that we can get those guys because their teams are in very bad situations. "Oh my god, they won't wanna let them walk away without getting anything in return. So they will love our scrubs."

Even if POR & MIN decides to move them because of fear, it's not gonna be now. Why would I trade my star player if I can keep him for at least another year, probably year and half.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Love/Irving > Howard/Harden. It's close though.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That looks like T-Mac/Yao vs Kobe/Shaq argument.

One set can't stay healthy.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Not cool, Cavs. Not cool. Don't you know the Rockets are destined to get Love to play beside Harden, Parsons, and Howard?

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not close. Harden was the best player on a playoff team in the West. Irving was the best player on a bottom dweller in the East.

Dwight is a good offensive/elite defensive center that has led his team to a finals. Love is likely a better offensive talent, but nowhere in the same universe as Dwight defensively, and has not showed he can carry a team.

2 on 2, Dwight/Harden destroy Love/Irving. 5 on 5 it would be even worse, and I'm a big supporter of the Rockets going after Love.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not sure about 2 on 2. Dwight would murder Love in the paint obviously. But Love would shoot over Dwight all day long. I think they wash out.

Kyrie would have a field day with Matador Harden, but I'm not sure Harden could keep up without foul calls.

That said 2 vs 2 is irrelevant. If I'm building a team I'd rather have Harden and Dwight than Love and Irving, largely because I don't think Love is a game breaker and I think Dwight is.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No it looks like a crap argument. How is Love/Irving even remotely close to Harden/Howard?!?!?!???

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Why are the Cavs acting like they are one piece away from contending?
    Ofcourse getting love is something all GM's should try because he is great young player. But all the rumours you hear you get the feeling the Cavs are overestimating themselves.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's not close at all. One duo is clearly better and healthier than the other.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Gilbert is freaking out because he promised Cleveland that they'd win a title before Lebron. Now Lebron has won two.