1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs trying to get 1st & 2nd overall picks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, May 28, 2011.

1. Egghead

Egghead Member

Chris_Broussard
    Cavs, Pistons, Twolves discussing 3-team trade that would give Cavs 1st & 2nd picks, sources say.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

this would be cool if they pulled it off. I'm guessing they would draft Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams.

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

more from Broussard

Chris_Broussard
    Cavs would then draft Kyrie No. 1 and Derrick Williams No. 2. Nothing imminent but trade us being discussed by the teams. less than a minute ago via Echofon

Chris Broussard Chris_Broussard
    Cavs absorb Rip Hamilton into 14.6 mill trade exception & get Det's 8th pick. Cavs send 4th & 8th picks to Minny for 2nd pick

3. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

If only the Rockets tanked this season, then maybe our turnaround would be comparable to this...

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

REALLY want the Rockets to get that 2nd or 4th picks but it would make sense for Cleveland. Absorb Rip and then add Kyrie and Derrick...MUCH better team right away.

Question is...what does Minnesota do with the 4th and 8th picks??? They really need a veteran and more young players to an already young team doesn't make sense.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn, that's actually a great deal for all of those teams.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wow this actually sounds like a great deal. The Cavs would have a core of Irving, Rip, D-Will and Hickson. Not too shabby.

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

implying Rockets could win that little games with this squad.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kahn will do everything to improve his team.:grin:

10. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I am 99% sure that Derrick Williams is Beasley 2.0 and I don't think Irving is an elite PG prospect, but it would certainly add excitement and hope to a franchise that desperately needs it.

11. what

what Member

I would take Jimmer Fredette over both of them.

I agree that Williams is Beasley 2.0.

I also don't see enough toughness in Williams.

If I were cleveland I'd take Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Morris and call it a day.

Two tough as nails players.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Plus they have the 20th pick as well. Maybe Houston can jump in with a player plus the 23rd pick for that 4th pick.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You would, but you shouldn't.

14. what

what Member

To me it's about mentality and toughness and playing smart.

Larry Bird has it right, and I bet that he hopes Jimmer does fall.

I am really not big on Williams at all, and I certainly don't see the hype in Irving either.

Kemba Walker, I see the hype. Fredette, is a beast. The Morris Bros, Marcus especially has toughness. So I like him.

15. rockets934life

So Derrick Williams will become a SF who scores 19 ppg, grabs 6 rpg, shoots 45 percent including 37 percent from 3 point land...oh and he gets you 2 steals a game while having a more stable head on his shoulders?

Am I correct?

Look no one in this draft is going to blow your mind but Irving and Williams are the two most logical and acceptable pieces to begin a rebulding plan. Morris and Jimmy are nice role players...Cavs don't need role players they need guys with at least the potential to be something more.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

Whatever happened to this being one of the weakest draft in history?

How after the #1 there were no clear signs of 2-10??

How things have changed.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like these two as well, but they are not worthy of the #1 and #2 picks. Maybe Brandon Knight and Enes Kanter.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because the draft is not as weak as people made it out to be. It is strong as far as role players go. You just won't find to many superstar types( if any ), thats all.

19. what

what Member

I don't agree they will be role players. I am more certain about Fredette, obviously.

This guy is going to be a star type player in this league.

BTW, athletic abilities do not determine your status as a role player or a super star.

You want to bring up JJ Redick, but you fail to see Strotasic, you fail to remember Baby Jordan, Eddie Griffin, Kwame Brown, Dajuan Wagner and a hundred other players that are just like them.

While Guys like Randolph, Boozer, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, Manu Ginoibi and many others thrive as unathletic superstars.

Height and Athletic Ability are the two most overrated stats in the nba. That's why Chris Paul slide, because he wasn't tall enough. Same with Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis.

20. rockets934life

Chris_Broussard