1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs sending Jae Crowder a message.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T.Mcgrady, Apr 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nemac

nemac Member

Exactly.

Meanwhile, Richard Hamilton disagrees even with a 2 game the suspension, saying its just physical playoff basketball and he didn't mean to hurt him just got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

That was not physical playoff basketball, that was intentional and malicious. What a joke, NBA.

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

NBA protecting their precious Cavs, how surprising! Perk got nothing with a neck shove?? Any Rocket player would've received a more severe punishment and lol @ Olynyk getting 1 game..

3. basketballholic

Perk should have gotten at least 1 game.

4. Vienna Calling

These suspensions are ridiculously mild. Just two games for blatant punch to the head!? The NBA is a joke.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Well, he pushed him with one finger, it's more like a neck tickle than a neck shove.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

I wan't us to sign him this offseason, he's the type of player who can defend and never gives up.

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

the neck shove came first which he threw him to the ground and the " one finger tickle" was after.He should have been suspended

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Oh, the screen and push off is what he should be suspended for? That's nothing special, I want to see more of that in the playoffs, not less.

I don't get it, do people really want the NBA to be that soft, or is it just dislike for Perkins making people biased?

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Will you feel the same way if Perkins does that to a Rockets player, say Donatas Motiejunas?

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Absolutely. I'm a Pacers fan, and in fact many of the players I like and respect the most to this day are old players of the Knicks or Pistons, who did something like Perkins and worse to Pacers many times. It's just a tough screen with a push. A foul, nothing more. Good physical playoff basketball. Chances of a guy getting injured this way are practically none, and it's not some hidden dirty play. If one team is willing to be physical and get some fouls, good for them. If the other team are pansies and can't handle it mentally, bad for them. Clearly, Crowder can handle it, so good for him.

If you guys really don't like it, fair enough. But I think it's possible that some of you are just being obsessive over Cavs, LeBron or Perkins.

11. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

You are delusional, a shove to the neck was never part of any normal physical play, even during the playoffs.

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

If you've watch the series you would know that Crowder is pest like Beverly. Beverly is a saint compared to Crowder. Also, he was pulling this stuff against Lebron, that is a big no no. Personally, I would suspend JR for the rest of the playoffs. There is no room for what JR did. At the same time, I would sanction what Perkins did. It was a strong legal pick and Crowder made it worst then it was. Crowder does need to turn it down a notch and if the refs don't call the fouls that he is committing, you bring in a thug like Perkins to send a legal message that we can play that way too. Only conflict I have with the Perkins move is that I hate Perkins' nasty fat grease sweat dripping high cholesterol gravy would pour out if he cut himself ass.