1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs release Larry Sanders

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 11, 2017.

1. gambingo

gambingo Member

dude got a nice paycheck just to get in shape lmao.

2. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agree, it didnt HAVE to be Sanders (especially since he still has punctuality issues, what a flake)

But Rockets LAST in allowing points in paint, its almost like its a deliberate design to be so lacking in perimeter D while doing nothing to address it (outside an Andrew Bogut call)

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody that the Rockets signed was going to help the Rockets. Capela nor Nene were going to be dropped from the rotation so stop bringing up all these stiffs that were not going to help out in this team one bit. So y'all need to get over it.

6. basketballholic

That attitude guarantees losing. Capela, as a rookie, came out of nowhere to give us productive playoff minutes as long as he was at the 4 next to JSmoove/Dwight and not alone at the 5. You'd better believe if we had signed Bogut that he would have been inserted into the rotation. And now Harden is calling for Nanu to get playoff minutes.

They know they don't have enough in the middle. They know Capela can't hold down the defensive paint. MDA knows. Daryl knows. And Harden knows.

They're going to attempt to address it a number of ways including more offense by moving Anderson over to the middle and running three guards and a small forward with Harden/Ariza defending bigs. They're also going to stick Nanu in there to see if he can help them when we get busted up inside.

The only chance we have to beat the Spurs (and it's a tiny chance) is to have Harden playing 3 and 4 defensively for the bulk of his minutes and filling up around him with Bev, Gordon, Lou, Ariza, and Troy with one big. And MDA will be fumbling around with the big matchup looking for which guy gives him separation, CC, Nene, Nanu, or Anderson.

We went 2-6 against the Spurs and Warriors. We already know the Capela/Anderson combo doesn't work against them. They're too good defensively. We already know we've got to solve that dilemma by adding more defense to water down their offensive efficiency or adding more offense to beat their defense. It appears to me Daryl believes adding offense is the only way and he is attempting to force MDA to go five out. Because there is no question we could've signed a big that would have improved our interior defense.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CLEARLY, signing Larry Sanders would have been a terrible move for the Rockets.

Also, 3 of our losses against GSW came without Ryan Anderson. Two he was out, one he was hurt and played 9 minutes. So with Clint and Ryno healthy we were 1-0 against the Warriors. We were 1-3 against the Spurs. One loss by 2 points, another by 6 points.

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think some playoff minutes for Nanu would be great for his development going forward. Nothing crazy, just 3-4 minutes to get his feet wet on a guy like Enes Kanter.

A dominant defensive C that can still roll to the basket would make the Rockets miraculously better, but those don't grow on trees. There are literally a handful in the NBA and they are all VERY expensive. What suggestions do you have for trying to find that player? Any ideas? Would love to hear some names tossed out.

10. basketballholic

Well we almost had Noel. Dallas beat us out for him. He was MDA's choice. And I don't know what's going to happen to him this summer. He fired Andy Miller to go to Dan Fegan (Cuban's buddy) but I think Fegan is shut down right now embroiled in legal issues. If that's the case it will be interesting to see what happens with Noel.

Beyond that I just don't know right now. There's a lot of bigs out there that are on long term deals that are mismatched with their current teams. Mozgov comes to mind right now. Wonder if LeBron would like to have him about now?

I haven't thought through the bigs dilemna and the off-season isn't here so the rumors aren't heating up. I'll have to think about it for awhile and see what info I can drum up.

11. dmoneybangbang

None of those guys will move the needle, it's just a fantasy. Frankly, Troy William's athleticism will be more useful than any of those guys.