1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs open to trading Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DM'sVP, Dec 6, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I can see that, too, but if the Rockets honestly want to get back to playoff contention sooner rather than later (as they indicate, likely with an eye on revenue, as nobody with taste buds wants to spend money at Landry's; our own board tends to lean toward "let's rebuild over the course of a few seasons" etc etc), trading for Kevin Love, who never plays, probably won't happen.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Maybe Morey can finally get him. The stretch 4 he always wanted

roslolian, Rudyc281 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You may be joking but I think morey takes this seriously

roslolian and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

A John Wall buyout should be a serious consideration if u can’t trade him.

he does nothing for us on or off the court…just takes away minutes and usage from the young guys, and he is not a leader or mentor…this fool is too busy trying to be the franchise player :rolleyes:

watch Silas have 1 of KPJr or Green coming off the bench with Wall in the starting lineup

mrhomeslice, Plowman, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  5. thekad

thekad Member

Wall will definitely start over Green, unfortunately. Worry that Gordon will take his minutes too.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

You don’t draft a guy at 2 and then not play him

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes also no 1 reason why i boycott rockets games
    and i am not lifting the ban hammer until they trade him away or buy him out

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

#88 J.R., Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

BK still has DeAndre on the books for near 9mil a year. Is he dead weight now?

They have Claxon who's still raw. And sounds like they're not keeping Blake if they're shopping for Love. Blake to Love is a defense downgrade.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I feel like the best teams for Kevin Love would be:

Contenders/Playoff teams
    1. Mavs - It pairs another shooter with Luka and a guy who can still get tough boards. If they are able to get a 2nd star, he'd be almost ideal for the Mavs.

2. Clippers - If Kawhi ends up staying with them.

3. Hawks - If they end up trading John Collins and leave an opening at PF.

4. Heat

5. Pretty much any team outside of the 76ers that Ben Simmons ends up on and doesn't have a decent starter at PF who can't really shoot - He's a good player to have if you have PG who is not quite a good shooter.

Most of the other contenders don't really need a starter at PF unless he comes off the bench.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Five-time All-Star forward Kevin Love has no interest in negotiating a buyout on the two years, $60 million left on his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, his agent Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports told ESPN on Saturday.

"There have been no talks with Cleveland on a buyout, nor is there any interest from Kevin in doing a buyout," Schwartz told ESPN.

The Cavaliers have periodically explored trading Love -- a scenario that he's supports -- but have been unable to find a deal that they're willing to execute, sources said.

The arrivals of three significantly younger frontcourt players in the past year -- including center Jarrett Allen, No. 3 overall pick Evan Mobley and forward Lauri Markkanen from the Bulls -- could impact Love's minutes with the Cavaliers.

Injuries have continued to plague Love's productivity in recent seasons. Struggling with a calf injury a year ago, Love, 32, averaged 12.2 points and 7.4 rebounds in a career-low 24.9 minutes.

A contract buyout would allow the Cavaliers to save some money on the balance of Love's contract, and allow him the freedom to sign elsewhere as a free agent.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't blame Love. I wouldn't take a buyout if I was him. He won't make 60million the rest of his life, might as well take it while he can.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. He already won a championship. He already was the lead dog on a shitty team. Why not collect in full? He can relax the mind during the long summers.

roslolian, clos4life and Patience like this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah exactly.There are probably fitness measures required of him contractually, but it is still not a bad gig - getting paid 30mill a year to stay in shape and eat well.

clos4life, hakeem94 and ElPigto like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When he's on the court, I like what I see from DeAndre, but it seems like the NBA thinks HE IS dead weight...

Love can play C. And BG can (and will) miss games. And Love can (and will) miss games. They have room for both.

If you want to get the most out of Love you might want to try to have him making plays & passes from the high post (does anyone even do that anymore?). GSW does make the most sense to me. Maybeeee the Suns who could simply cut him if he destroys their defense.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If I were Kevin Love I'd let them buy me out for 60 million minus the league minimum for the next two years because that's what he'll likely get paid if he accepts a buyout.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If i'm houston I'm all over that! John Wall and Danuel House jr. For Rubio and Love. Cleveland gets wall to help with darius and sexton. Mobley gets to grow and they get a Wing that they need and we do not.

bj3175 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Can you explain why it should be a serious consideration?

Dude's making 41M per year and his contract expires in 2 years. You want Fertita to seriously consider eating 81M of salary just so KPJ or Green wont come off the bench? I doubt even GSW owners would seriously consider that proposal. Even Dan Gilbert and James Dolan who are the goat owners according to this board didnt buy out players and they were gunning for a playoff spot.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

What in it for Houston? Love is a head case, might negatively impact KPJ. Rubio is a pg, would eat pt just like Wall. Trading House is great but you replace two players for 2 players so its a wash. Position wise, you just brought in more big men and pg so now there's a log jam at PF/C on top of pg/sg.

Love wasnt happy in cleveland Rox are trying to be bad the next couple of seasons. He wont exactly thrive here in fact people would be mad everytime he steps on the court cuz Cwood, Sengun and Garuba could be playing over him.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who were the competitive teams during Jordan era? IIRC nobody got close during his 6 rings he won a ring every time he got to the Finals and all of them ended at 5 or 6 games how is that competitive?

NBa has always been a star driven team. MJ brought his co stars Pippen and Dennis Rodman and beat up the other stars on bad teams and everyone celebrated seeing MJ win the chip every year. Now its some kind of sin cmon man gimme a break. When the last time people celebrated Hakeem playing with crackheads or Human highlight reel playing with no names? Remember Pau Gasol playing with old Damon Stoudamire and Shane Battier? Bet you forgot him during your good old days rant smh.

#100 roslolian, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021