1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs may deal benches for D Jordan, D Favors, L Williams and G Hills. Why not Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Jan 20, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Give me a minute. I didn’t even read the links OP provided.

Let me review the proposed rumored trades.
    A) I don’t think Tristan/J.R. Smith/Shumpert/Derek Rose/Love/ etc get back all that is proposed.
    B) I want to review the contracts of Lou Will/Favors/Hill/whoever else is proposed.
    Guys are usually traded because they are coming up to free agency. I know Hill is not.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Someone tell this kid there's two "O's" in Brooklyn.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

After further review..........No

If the Cavs were the Rockets and I offered Tristan/J.R. Smith/ Brooklyn 1st x D Jordan/ Lou Williams

I would be laughed off this site. Why would the Clips do it? They can be a 7th or 8th seed and cause
    a headache perhaps. If Lou Williams is allowed to continue to lead the show.

D Jordan would be a rental as he opts out with his player option. Leaves Cleveland.
    Lou Williams would be a rental as he hits free agency
    Favors would be a rental as he hits free agency

George Hill is doable....helps play next to IT when not playing point guard. $20 mil with plenty
    years remaining. Not sure Cavs Dan Gilbert wants a contract such as that. He is tried of paying the
    repeater tax.....and no championship to show for it. No guarantee they beat the Warriors with just
    Favors or both of Jordan/Lou Williams or just George Hill. I don’t feel they have enough for more
    than one deal. And lose their depth in the process

Why is the Brooklyn pick trash for the Cavs but very valuable to the Clippers?

4. Nook

Nook Member

Stop making threads.

DonKnock, RocketsTerps and arabrocket like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Clippers are 6th in the West why would they be sellers? Especially to make themselves worse.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who just watched the Cavs play the Thunder can see why they won’t trade Brooklyn’s pick. That team has no identity, not good on offense not good on defense. Just mediocre role players running around Lebron with way too many defensive lapses.

When Lebron has an off game like today, they get blown out the water.

You really think DeAndre Jordan makes that team competitive?

7. Rockets4Life13

How do you expect the cavs to get all these players? There is no way they get lou will and DJ with the assest they have. They have the brooklyn pick and a bunch of bad contracts.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

The clippers are going to want a lot more than just the cavs 1st rd pick or tt or jr for dj and lou

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

LOL, and you think THAT would be a good trade for the Rockets to make? We'd have to give up Gordon and god knows who else for that (not to mention kill our chemistry we have now). WOW! Next

10. roro12

roro12 Member

Crowded for Lou will be a mistake Lou shrinks in the playoffs we’ve seen this and look at the stats and Shumpert and Channing for g Hill is a one sided trade anyone can match that package.

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

The age of the power center leading to a championship are all but done. These wanna-be GM trades for Jordan or Cousins are a disgrace to this board. It will never happen. Capela is the perfect center for this team

12. ballscientist1

How about Anderson/2 future picks for Kevin Love via Hornets, Kings or Hawks? (those 3 teams are trying to dump all the big contracts.

It is easy to trade Love for a first round pick in summer.

1. Love is under contract through 2019–20 (he has a team option for that season).
    2 He is the league’s best floor-spacing bigs, He was a 28 and 14 player.
    3. Love has worked himself into great shape and has a strong season

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

What makes you think we could get Love for Anderson? This isn't NBA on Xbox. Deals don't work that way. I'll tell you what, make a call to the owner and tell him that idea. It's worth a shot, right?

14. ballscientist1

The third team gets 2 future first round picks.

This idea is better than Griffin for Towns. (Trade Discussed by Clippers, T-Wolves)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ny-towns-trade-discussed-by-clippers-t-wolves

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Luka Doncic looks very impressive. Thanks for the tip.

Ambidextrous and gets it done.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

17. jayfree

jayfree Member

I have a great idea. LeBron is not happy why don't we just trade Anderson for LeBron? Perfect solution for both teams. Cleveland isn't winning a ring this year anyway and they get extra years with Anderson as their go-to guy. He'd average 30 and 10 in that system with Lue easily. I'm getting on my X-Box right now to make that happen!

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont think james is no jordan, i can see maybe 3 more year of bron, but hes gonna have to run around and look to be the 2nd option i bet somewhere to win another chip... Lakers?

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Bismack, Ibaka, etc. need to be looked at instead. We need more athleticism in the front court badly.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

can't get Williams back