1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs may deal benches for D Jordan, D Favors, L Williams and G Hills. Why not Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Jan 20, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont you play this game for the titles...so when you have best player ever lebron and it may happen to be once in 50 years for all we know you trade that pick to try to win the title... its worth it...even if you know in advance it is no 1 pick you still do it and try to win
    cavs could also trade isaah thomas and their own pick for boogie or another great 2 way player

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

So for be 10 minutes a game the starters rest the Cavs are going to win, but the other 38 minutes when KD, Curry, Klay light them up they will lose. Seems like they will get swept.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Unfortunately basketball is not just offense

BigggReddd, arabrocket and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

teams have the opportunity to win titles once in 30 years ...so when you have that opportunity to win you do it... and its minimum chance broklyn pick develops into player that will ever win the title for anyone

FANfrom86toNow and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade the pick for Anthony Davis, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard. Everything else is just a waste of time cuz they aren’t beating the greatest team ever assembled with that roster plus DeAndre Jordan or whatever else garbage they get.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well I like the Jason Tatum pick prior to the draft

Hated the Lonzo Ball and Faulk picks. Would have stay away from them. Now I’m hearing Faulk may have
    major confidence issues. But Kuzma and Donavan Mitchell are excellent picks. So it depends.

Last years draft was said to be loaded. I’ve heard nothing of this years crop. Bagley III would be a franchise
    player to build on. Imo

Edited: Fultz

#26 ApacheWarrior, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but you do have a chance... that is greater that broklyn pick giving you lebronlike talent...LEBRON ISAAH DEANDRE LOU WADE I can see them competing with gsw particularly if they have tough road through the west or some injury happens.. and they werent extremely healthy this year...

i say there is a greater chance injury to gsw happens than broklyn pick giving an allstar let alone a generational talent

#27 hakeem94, Jan 20, 2018
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Why not Rockets?
    Because Morey is not an idiot.

Close thread /

Elephant810 and DonKnock like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ok let s say you get a franchise player... but there are at least 20 franchise players now and only so few of them get a real chance to contend... and you have that opportunity right now.. why wait....? :)

if you are lucky and devote to developing you'll get a star in the second round... you need not high picks

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  10. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Cleveland should trade IT for Kemba straight up

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Warriors could lose Durant or Curry and still beat that shitty ass Cleveland team.

DeAndre Jordan is utterly useless against the Warriors, they will hack him and run him out the paint.

Wade is too old to produce regularly.

IT is more of an injury concern than anyone on the Warriors.

I get any team with Lebron always has a chance, but it’s a slim chance and the needle barely moves if they make or don’t make the trade.

hakeem94 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. ballscientist1

In regard to the trade talk, Cavs wanted to prevent LeBron from playing for Rockets next season?

Both Lakers and 76ers are too young. They could be good in between 2025 and 2030.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The underlining issue may be the small market of say a Cleveland or OKC. Free agents don’t go there voluntarily.

Only reason Kyrie Irving was there was because he was drafted by the Cavs. Bagley III falls in that category.
    Melo would not waive his no trade clause last season, when LeBron worked out the framework of a deal.
    I know it was David Griffin......but was it really?

D-Wade went there to support his buddy LeBron, but had to accept minimal money.

OKC will have trouble bringing in free agents if George and Melo blot this summer. Nets pick would be something
    to hitch your hopes on. Hitch it to a promising star up and coming.

Like BimaThug mentioned. LeBron would have to whisper his commitment to staying if those deals are made.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavs are gonna deal all their shitty players for good players?! :eek: Just more proof LeBron gets what he wants when he wants it.

Looking forward to LeBron coming to Houston next year so he can help the Rockets deal all their shitty players for good players. ;)

Maybe finally get some new uniforms as well.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don’t see why the clippers would want to take on Thompson’s contract and I don’t see the Cavs giving up that pick for anything but someone like Boogie or AD. So I don’t see Jordan or Lou going to Cleveland.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ok lets say lebron leaves and they already traded broklyn pick.. so what they suck a couple of years and theyll get better than broklyn pick...

just do the simple math
    so

1 in case you trade the pick

negatives are you lose couple of years but get a chance to TRULY compete for and win the TITLE THIS YEAR and perhaps keep lebron and win MORE TITLES

2 in case you keep the pick negative side is you lose opportunity to win title now and positive side you may still not have chance to win the title( because whatever player they get and its not that of a great chance broklyn pick get them a truly elite talent), there almost no positive side to option 2

so clearly 1 is better than the 2 because this years best player even if allstar will never become near the player lebron is, and when you have lebron , a player that comes once in 50 years perhaps once in 100 years.... YOU MILK IT ...

and in the worse case scenario you have lost only 2 years of sucking and will still get high picks that may be even better than this years draft

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

There’s a kid playing for Real Madrid named Donkic who many think could be the best Euro player to ever enter the draft and could also be a Franchise player.

#37 K-Low_4_Prez, Jan 20, 2018
    YaoMing#1 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Someone take the mad scientists thread starting abilities away

Nook likes this.
  19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Why would rocket give up anything for some players that we can easily get in the summer? We also don’t need Lou Williams because we have Green and Gordon. Favors doesn’t fit our system while GHill is making $20 mill so you would have to give up too much to make the salaries work. Only guy I would trade for is DJ but even than he’s willing to come here for cheap so why get rid of anyone when we can just get him in the summer for cheap...

DonKnock likes this.
  20. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Charlotte is only losing Kemba in the event of a salary dump. Expect Batum or Howard to also be moved. But that brings up a thought... Howard at this point of his career is a lesser Deandre Jordan. In fact this year's Howard has pretty damn good stats and is comparable.

If they could get Howard and Kemba for IT/Crowder/Thompson I think thats a decent deal for Cleveland, less so for Charlotte, but I think Thompson is straight ass and IT is too small. Big on Crowder though. Having Crowder and MKG at the wings is a nice combo.

Cleveland would run Kemba/Smith/James/Love/Howard which looks decent. Charlotte still needs to find a solution for Nic Batum. That contract is terrible.