1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs interested in trading Kevin Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ok, they are not the same player...obviously, but the way they play yeah, they are pretty similar, there's not a single player which come close to Lebron more than Harden if we talk about what they do on the court. They both like to attack the basket looking for a foul while being ready to pass the ball, that's why Dwight (not willing to play the pick & roll) is a bad fit with Lebron too. As for Love, you can't play small ball with him since he can't play the 5.

Anyway i really don't see why they should trade Love for Dwight which at this point of his career is not that much better than Thompson, really, Dwight is probably still the better rebounder and shot blocker (and i don't really know for how much longer), but that's it, TT plays more for the team, shoots a bit better, runs the floor, can box out...again, as today Dwight is probably still the most impactful player, maybe, but even if this is true, it won't last more than a couple of years, and anyway Lebron does not want him.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I doubt Love gets dealt even if they get swept. I don't see a trade out there that would improve the team that involves getting rid of Love.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Millsap, maybe?

4. Asian Sensation

Not disputing the fact that CP3 is the superior player but he hasn't led the Clippers anywhere and Kyrie is 7 years younger.

The trade actually makes a lot of sense for both teams. Gives LeBron a legit Robin again and Clips get a younger franchise player to pair with DJ and Blake should they choose to keep him.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight for Love should have happened.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes. Yes it should have.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Boston could put together a compelling package for Love.

Two out of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Amir Johnson, along with either the 2017 BKN/BOS pick or the 2018 BKN pick would be a nice haul for Cleveland and could actually make them better (especially if they could flip the pick with Johnson's NG'teed contract for another key piece).

8. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Millsap's a straight-up better player. No real reason for Atlanta to make that swap.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why not trade him for bosh. You could probably receive an extra asset as well considering boshs medical condition, maybe someone like Richardson or a future draft pick. Miami is scared to let him play but I think Lebron and Cleveland aren't scared and would honor his desire to play.

For Cleveland they get someone that obviously fits well with LeBron.

For Miami it allows them to get younger and move on. Opens up some valuable extra salary space needed to resign Whiteside or possibly Dwight.

Win win for both teams IMO

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Kyrie + Love for CP3 + Griffin

Make it happen, Dan!

1 person likes this.
  11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't want overrated Love on this team. Just no...

12. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

If we're not going to play defense anyway, we might as well actually be able to shoot the ball, though.

Yeah, some stud two-way players would be awesome, but those aren't exactly plentiful.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Boom!

:p

14. BackdoorHarden

Yup.

Wolves won the trade only because Wiggins isn't that good and that trade helped them get Town, otherwise, it's a wash.

Wiggins is a stat padders. I watched this guy this year and he absolutely contribute nothing to help your team win if he can't score.

Can't shoot help

Can't pass

Can't defend

Can't really do anything but score.

This guy is a big time disappointment for someone that was supposed to be the next Lebron

I was wondering how Twolves could suck so bad with so much young talent, then I saw Wiggins play and saw why they are back in the lottery with a high pick

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If I were the Clipped I'd Trade Griffen and CP3
    For Love and Irving and maybe a pick or something

Ok that helps cleveland alot
    but
    It gives Clippers a restart

Rocket River

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Milsap is expiring next off season when the cap jumps to 108 million, and is 31. Love is 27 and under contract until 2020 on a pre-cap explosion contract.

Plus Horford might jump ship this off season, Bazemore too. So the chances of the Hawks retaining Milsap next off season might not be that great. The rumors about the Hawks and 76'ers Teague for Noel deal is the Hawks signaling they might be ready to turn the corner and start rebuilding around Schroder.

I think it would be a really smart move for the Hawks, not so much for the Cavs. Milsap can't stretch the floor or rebound like Love either. He's certainly a better defensive player, but he's no defensive anchor, and at his age and his contract situation I feel like the Cavs could do better.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

DeAndre would get even worse offensively without Paul though...so, unless he asks to be traded (as he can at this point since he's basically an expiring) i really don't see Doc trade him for an unproven player like Irving.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj: Their goal is to win a title, not win the East or be the Buffalo Bills. They can't sit around & wait Golden State out. It'll be interesting to see what they do. Kevin Love's future, the order in which people would be run out of Cleveland, we got number one right — David Blatt. Love would be second. Hard for them to keep him on the floor in close games & 4th quarters. His inability to defend in PnR & defend the athleticism of Golden State. What's the market for him? It would be significant. Teams would still love to have him. Teams out west...Phoenix has always had interest. There will be a great deal of interest.

Woj: (LeBron) He's played okay, not great. Last year he played as well as anyone has ever played in a NBA Finals. He has to play not at a superstar level but a historically great level for them to come back. He can impact a game in so many ways. These are the pieces he wanted. He helped Tristan Thompson get an $80M contract. They share the same agent. J.R. Smith is with him and will get paid this summer, probably before LeBron signs his deal. He's benefiting financially from the group around him. He wanted Ty Lue as coach. He wanted Tristan paid. J.R. will get his contract. It is his team. If they lose in 4-5 games, they're teetering on being known as the Bills as the NBA. That'll be 3 Finals losses in Cleveland. Getting that one may be harder than even he thought.

Woj: They gotta decide, do they make dramatic change to this group? Are they good enough? Do you keep building with this group? "We're getting closer, we're getting closer." What are the potential deals? LeBron will have a say there. They have to decide on style of play. Does the compatability of those three...when it's going well, they can put on a face that there's cohesion. Teams believe they're a great front-running team and the unity isn't there. They don't love playing with each other. Not a close group. It'll be interesting to see what direction LeBron wants to go. Let's say Phoenix, they have picks to offer. Picks don't get you closer to a title with LeBron post-30 years old.

Would LeBron leave again?

Woj: I didn't believe he would. I've changed my thinking based on a lot of what I've heard. If they lose, hard for him to leave. If they won, he could say "I came back home, won a title & gave them what they wanted." and where he'd go from there, I don't think he could do it and be able to...he'd take heat after winning but he can't do it without a title. Could he win a title & leave? Yeah, he could sell it on some level. It's been talked about. It hasn't been ruled out down the line. Until he signs a multi-year deal, it's clear he's not making a commitment to that place.

#59 J.R., Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Howard and Ariza for Love and Mozgov made a lot of sense from both teams. Cavs improve their depth and defense. We pair Harden and Love and clear room for Durant or Conley in the offseason.

Stupid Cavs.