1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs interested in Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ariza is a limited player - I have NEVER liked his game, he can't dribble is 2 seconds behind in the head on his passes, and while good on D, Parsons was way better.

I know you guys like Ariza and his contract, fine - I don't .

I like a style of player that moves off the ball, can finish, can pass, and can play some D - Ariza is a limited player on a modest contract - He is a MEH on my scale, fine if he stays, fine if he goes.

I don't think he is a difference maker in any regard.

And you are right, I don't give two ****S about how much people are paid, just how they fit on the basketball court. It is not my money, and if Les has to pay more, so what, just give me winners.

This is why I HATED Ariza for Parsons, we got slightly worse but saved money.....I DON'T ROOT FOR MONEY SAVINGS, nor care for theory crafting about monetary contractual situations...YAWN!!!!!! - give me the best player, period, everything else is bull**** that fans that care about wins and loses don't give a hoot about.

DD

#41 DaDakota, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well, if Broussard said it, then - -

But, seriously folks, what might Believeland have to trade that Rox would want? Not, who do they have but who would they be willing to move?
    That would be good for Rox, that is.

And Cleavesburg needs needs needs a b/u 1 w/Delly out. Hell, they might be motivated to move Love for Bev/Threeza. Then the Rox could start Love at the 5 and return to Doug Moe's roots!

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Regardless of how 'we' like Ariza w/the contract he has the greater question is who 'out there' likes Ariza w/the contract he has for something 'we' would covet?

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Contradiction City, USA

Population: You ;)

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Broussard's credibility aside, it seems reasonable for the Cavs to have interest. If they need to get ready for Durant, a long 3-and-D guy like Ariza would be useful. As for Houston, I think that the team isn't interested because Cavs are not offering anything of real value for him: I doubt that the Cavs are offering a rotation player and they don't really have any high level prospects or good draft picks. Besides, the Rockets are trying to be competitive (obvious given that they just spent $130M on Anderson+Gordon), so they'd prefer keeping a rotation piece like Ariza to trading him for some minor future asset.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not versatile enough - but I can see the funny bit there...will fix it.

DD

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm fine with Ariza, but off the bench. He and Pat Bev can't create any shots at all because they can barely dribble a basketball at a high school level. Yet, we expect both to start again next season on an offense that requires more out creating out of them? Were in trouble.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We need to cross our fingers that when Dan Gilbert was writing his luxury tax check for 50+ million dollars, he glanced up and down the roster and noticed that Kevin Love makes a lot of money and didn't offer much in the finals.

A Love for Ariza/Beverley/pick swap could make some sense. They get a cheap Deledova replacement, a useful player in Ariza, which would allow them to dump a more expensive Shumpert.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Ariza is as good as gone now.

Wait until midseason, then trade Ariza, Beverly, Anderson, & Capela for Love and whatever to balance it out. It wouldn't happen, but what the hell.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In fairness (to DD??? :eek: ), the pop. of Contradiction City makes it the largest metro in this world!

11. Nivos

Nivos Member

Because in Dantoni's system, Love can play center.
    Super small ball, all run & gun. No D.
    Bev, Gordon, Harden, Anderson and Love on a 5 second offence.
    If you go for Dantoni's, go all in.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Saw this scenario on another thread, 3 way trade between Kings, Cavs and Rox.

Houston gets: Demarcus Cousins
    Sacramento gets: Kevin Love
    Cleveland gets: Ariza, Capela, Bev, Caron Butler

Works in ESPN Trade calculator:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is the way i feel; both are top-level backups, but if we really want to be dangerous we need to upgrade both spots. Agreed there's not much of a fit for a Cavs Rockets trade, but I hope Morey isn't overlooking picks and young talent in exchange for those guys simply because we don't have replacements currently on the roster. It's clear that young talent and picks are absolutely crucial to capitalizing on unforeseen opportunities and are viable avenues to get the kind of impact players we covet.

Hennigan didn't want Lowry, he wanted a lotto pick. Some teams may not want Bev or Ariza, but they may want picks and young talent. We shouldn't shy away from converting depth into other assets that also have value. God forbid we actually develop our own talent.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, probably not going to happen but, this makes a lot of sense, Ariza and Beverley are not great assets by themselves, but together, and for the Cavs especially, they are. They fit perfectly with the Cavs/Lebron, they need to have a deeper roster at this point, and TT and Love are basically their only two assets, and i think at this point they may value TT more than Love.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Because that's 40M devoted to just one position? Cap is like 73, you use 40M on PF spot Harden takes 15M, Gordon takes the another 11M great you now have ~7M for 11 other roster spots. Maybe you could pay $800k for undrafted rooks and fill your pg and sf spots.

Only way this makes sense for Rox is at midseason and a 3rd team who will take Anderson.

16. caneks

caneks Rookie

maybe they explore about Ariza-Love swap?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

DD, with all due respect, that's simply an absurd statement. Ariza doesn't suck. Brewer sucks. Ariza has been playing far too many minutes and has a lot of mileage now, so his game might not be where it was a couple of seasons ago, but so what? He busts his arse for the team. Sure, I'd move him if it would mean an upgrade at a position of need, but he sucks? Ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It does seem to make sense but if they are dumping Shumpert on us we are going to have to unload Brewer somehow on them or another team. Shumpert's contract is arguably worse than Brewer's for what he gives you unless Shumpert plays elite defense. I haven't really noticed.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Love doesn't fit MDA's system he doesn't run, he just guns. He's really slow and with Harden being a good playmaker you don't need his passing he will just be left in the dust in the fast break.

Also I consider Love to be even more injury prone than Anderson he's like MR. Glass out there because his play style involves a lot of contact which results in him receiving a lot of cheap shots and getting numerous injuries like a broken hand, separate shoulder etc. Plus, do you really want to pay 20M for an in effective player? Every time dude is on the floor he causes his team to lose, they score all over his ass and he bricks 3's and Js in the post, then gets bonked on the head and has to watch the rest of the series in a suit. If he's your PF ok fine but as your center and if your PF is already a stretch 4 how is he supposed to fit in? Our best defender is gonna be our pg literally the smallest guy on the floor wtf.

We already went all in on MDA with Anderson and Gordon, getting Love on top of that is going full r****d. Let's trade Harden for Parsons and have the all Glass starting 5.

20. alethios

alethios Member

Cavs looking for a long, athletic wing who can *cough, cough* shoot? Look no further:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.