1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs already in the finals??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gotsis, Oct 14, 2009.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...onfident-bunch-print-NBA-Final?urn=nba,194329

I just found it kind of funny ........... lol

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Shaq is going to bring this team down just like he did to the suns. Getting Shaq was a mistake IMO. Its just a matter of time before Lebron voices his displeasure with having Shaq on the team just like Nash did in Phoenix.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

:confused:

I don't understand what is so funny about this. Every NBA team allows their season ticket holders to buy all the POSSIBLE games in the playoffs, before they actually begin.

They are sold with the assumption that you have home court advantage, and the series extends to 7 games.

I don't think the author understands how these tickets work. They are numbered N-Q, but do not correspond to games 1-4 of the series, they correspond to all the HOME games of the series. Meaning they could be Games 1,2-6,7 or 3,4,5 (depending on home-court advantage.)

Even last year, I bought tickets to ALL the possible Rockets playoff games through the NBA championship - 4 tickets for each round, 4 rounds.

Bad journalism

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Not quite. Shaq was forced into an offense that doesn't quite work with a big post guy. The Cavs work a lot in the half-court, which is to Shaq's strengths. It's quite a difference situation than with Phoenix.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I would imagine a lot of playoff caliber teams do this. Look on eBay, you'll find tons of old tickets to playoff games that never happened.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

dfinitely not a mistake. they team the cavs went into the plyoffs with last year was terrible. Big Z is done, he showed that much last year. They needed scoring and a low post presence, which is what they got. Shaq did not tear apart the suns because of his personality, their styles of play did not fit.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

They are wasting paper.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It should be interesting the see what happens when Shaq starts calling for the ball in the post while Lebron is waving for him to clear out with the rest of the players so he can go 1 on 5.

I predict a collision in the paint between Lebron and Shaq that leaves the King with a separated shoulder and leaves Shaq as the most hated sports figure in Cleveland since Carlos Boozer. The Celtics will skate to the Finals where they will lose to the Spurs in 6 due to Ray Allen shooting 6/52 in the series.

10. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Spacing is the key. LBJ needs the lane open to get to the hoop, where he gets his bread and butter. Z was perfect for this 'cause he can shoot from outside. When Shaq was in Miami, at least Haslem was pretty good at it. Now assume varejao will play the majority of PF minutes, that doesn't sound so well when you have 2 big who can't shoot.

11. Vinsanity

I disagree. You may view the Cavs as more of a half court team than the suns, and that is true, but Lebron is not a half court player. Lebron goes to the rack, he needs space to do this. He does not need an old, slow footed center getting in his way. The Cavs were one of the worst free throw shooting team last year, Shaq won't help there. I think this Shaq/Lebron combo is a bomb waiting to blow up and Shaq will get shipped out of Cleveland faster than Braylon Edwards as soon as Lebron says so...

12. kikimama

kikimama Member

u can say the same about wade and we all know how that ended up. lets wait till the actual season starts before we predict chemistry.

13. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Wade wasn't a big star when Shaq joined and they didn't have big problem before they got the ring. But after that, things started to blow up. Wade called out Shaq in public in Shaq's last season in Miami. LBJ is more established already and we'll see a collision much sooner.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

i think shaq will take away from lebrons talent...and the cavs live and die off of lebron

my prediction: cavs loose in the conference finals to magic/celtics.

15. Vinsanity

Shaq has not gotten along well with any other starts he's played with. Kobe of course, then Wade called him out in public, then Nash, and now Lebron is next. Shaq is a fraud.

16. Vinsanity

and Lebron is being treated for Swine Flu by the way....