1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

He wrote that in Comic Sans lool

2. SeabrookMiglla

Rockets privately believe yao ming will come back

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

#Lebron2Houston

4. jvu

jvu Member

Lebron will be in cleveland after this season or next. Whenever Dwyane Wade retires.. Lebron leaves. No need to look further.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I bet this affects how they draft. I think if they really rhink they can woo him back, they draft Wiggins number 1. I dont think Lebron goes back- but they seem to.

6. Asian Sensation

Sounds about right.

7. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Cavs talk trash to LeBron when he left saying they would win a ring before he did. They end up in the lottery and with 3 #1 overall picks in a matter of 4yrs. And 2others in top5.
    Their drafting has been horrible aside from Irving over Willams.
    Their coaching has been horrible as well.
    I don't think LeBron wants to wait for his rookies to hit their prime. Or for the Cavs to learn how to manage a team.
    If it wasn't for sentimental value I doubt he'd even know that teams name

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LeBron isn't going back to the Cavs anytime soon (probably never).

Wade isn't close retiring.

He will re-sign with the Heat long term. No need to look further.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Did Gilbert sell the team?

Because that's the only way Lebron would go back.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Are you kidding? Lebron is far and away the best player on the planet. Did you forget the 08-09 Cavs won 66 games then swept the first 2 rounds of the playoffs until losing to Orlando? Look at this pathetic roster.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html

The 13-14 Cavs weren't absolutely horrible, winning 33 games. Lebron puts them at 50-55 easily.Kyrie isn't a max player IMO, but he's better than Mo Williams. Luol Deng is no slouch. Jarrett Jack is a legit backup. We know Verajo can play. Spencer Hawes is serviceable as backup. Waiters improved from his rookie season. Plus who knows what vets would jump on the bandwagon. Anthony Bennett was a let down this year, but there is almost definitely a team willing to trade good value for him. They also have the #1 which is golden, if they wanted to trade it. And LeBron makes everyone around him a better player. He'll score 45 if he needs to, grab 15 rebounds, dish 15 assists, defend any position, play any position. And how much more experience does he have since he left Cleveland? Jordan didn't win his first ring until he was 28. Lebron is 29. He was just a kid when he was with Cleveland. I know he regrets the TV special. Youthful stupidity. Cleveland fans would take him back with open arms. And with a weak Eastern Conference, you could already pencil them into the playoffs. I can't stand Lebron, but he could almost any team outside of maybe Milwaukee, Sacremento, Philadelphia and make them title contenders. He shot 57% this season including his 306 3 pointers. That's ridiculous.

#50 nolimitnp, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

lulz

<iframe width="910" height="537" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bqwk3Kz6svE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I find it hilarious that the Cavs are not confident they can compete for a top 3 seed in the eastern conference with 3 #1 overall picks and two top 5 picks.

Hindsight is one thing, but Anthony Bennet was a surprise pick at #1. Everyone agreed that they reached. I'm a UT alum and watched Tristan Thompson and they reached for him at #4. Kwahi Leonard was suppose to be a top 5 pick that year but fell.

In 2012, they could have taken Thomas Robinson, Andre Drummond, Harrison Barnes who have all had better careers than Waiters. Robinson is iffy, but still.

In 2013, Bennet was a reach but any other player was also eh at best.

Honestly, if I'm Dan Gilbert, I go to my new GM and say the following are my goals:
    1. We need an internal evaluation of our talent evaluation department starting from our scout team, coaches, and advisors
    2. We need to put an emphasis on developing young talent. Kyrie Irving has freaking plateaued in his early 20s. Dear Lord!
    3. Small Goals lead to big goals. I want 40+ wins next season with the new incoming #1 pick. We make the playoffs in the east with that. I want a 15% increase in wins every year for the next two years and in 2016, we compete for the ECF and the championship when Lebron, Wade, Durant enter the second half of their prime