1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato, Working hard??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HotRocket, Jul 18, 2002.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cato's working hard to get that bong lit, eh?

As has been mentioned, Ming will play limited minutes for awhile, prob'ly about 20 a game to begin the season. So Cato will be important.

Eddie will get some minutes against lightweight 5's, but we (I still can't believe I'm writing this) need Cato.

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

If you check the schedule there are many back to backs. How we do in these will directly affect how we end up in the west. The length of the rotation will be a factor. We have to be thinking about doing a NJ, here. We need all the bid bodies we can get and use them.

3. mac.c

mac.c Member

If Yao beat's Cato out in the preseason,hell he deserves the starting job,stop trying to give this guy starter's minutes until he proves that he could play againts NBA players.

4. Live

Live Member

So how many 'Cato's been working hard' summers does this make?

3?!

:rolleyes:

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Was it last summer, or the summer before, that CD said that Cato "had completely changed his body?"

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've mentioned this before, but I think Cato has a bit of a manic-depressive personality. He'll occassionally become passionate about a thing and dedicate his life to it and work his butt off. But, eventually, because he exercised no moderation of his enthusiasm, he can't keep up the long haul and becomes disillusioned with it and stops working. I know some people like that and Cato seems to fall into their patterns.

On Ming: I'm betting he doesn't take Cato's starting job at all in his rookie season (maybe he'll start if Cato's injured).

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

..."for me to POOP on."

If Cato continues to work so hard, he'll get fatigued like Ming and be a bust. Which reminds me, Griffin should stop playing in the Summer league. He just completed a full NBA season; he's already fatigued. And then camp in October with the two-a-days is going to fatigue him, too.

Ming, Cato and Griffin are much smarter to use the Cato strategy of sleeping in the summer and showing up in 80% shape like Cato did last camp, not "Mobley Shape."

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I have a bet thread for that somewhere. You place $5 in the tipjar and I double that. The winner gets bragging rights, and I even throw in a "Shut Me Up for 24 Hours" coupon that you can throw at me anytime during the season.

This bet is will Ming or Cato be announced the starter in the first home game, which is Toronto.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which is BS, because I don't see a Kelvina Cato on the Comets' roster.

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

yeah... I'll believe it when I see it...

get your cato wallpaper!!

#30 rockHEAD, Jul 19, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2002
  11. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

CD is dropping Cato's name as a smokescreen to build up Cato's trade value.