1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato a major disappointment to Rudy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by grummett, Mar 29, 2000.

1. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Basketball News, in their rumors section, reports that insiders believe Cato has been a major disappointment to Rudy and CD. I know that doesn't surprise any of you that watch this team regularly but it also says that Carlos Rogers isn't what they'd hoped for either. The writer says that they've been told that both are likely to remain in Houston after this season. www.basketballnews.com/content/nba/nba_set.asp

------------------

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

are they just rehasing stuff they read off of this site or what? insiders believe i.e. fans

------------------

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Rudy said many times that Carlos Rogers was the surprise of the deal, and they weren't even counting on him being a factor.

------------------

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

If Francis wants the team to move forward, he should lean on Cato to improve this offseason.

Carlos should be ok if he can have better luck in his life and on the court.

Mango

------------------
    It could be worse ....... you could have been born a Jazz fan!!!!

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Cato's understandable w/ the bank they signed him but Carlos? Carlos puts the deep in our bench. Hey you can quote me on that.

6. Carlos Rogers

Carlos Rogers Member

Hey are you's sayin stuff about me again????? If you want to know I am stayin in Houston and yes I'm going to get more PT!!!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Guff Diesel, So lethal, Need a sequal, No equals, Oh fly like an eagle.

7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I agree. Is Cato going to go after some rebounds are is he gonna whistle Dixie?

------------------
    I wish I had a million lottery balls...He-haw!

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited March 30, 2000).]

8. dream_team

dream_team Member

true... ever since Cato inked that deal, his stats has severly dropped. in the preseason i was guaranteeing people Cato was going to lead the league in blocks, boy did he make me look stupid. i also thought he'd be a double-double guy if he got his minutes... he made me look stupid again. i think Cato has got the talent, hopefully CD will do wonders on him this offseason.

as for Rogers... i didn't even think he was going to play a game in a rockets jersey. he's not even no where close to being a disappointment!

------------------

9. Calvin23

Calvin23 Member

Carlos a dissapointment?

I was about to make a new topic on this one. This is bull. Not only does he put the "deep" in our bench, like Achebe said, but when he started he was fantastic. Too bad he had that injury, he more than likely would still be starting. I would be a little upset if he left this team. I think that with the help of CD, he could have some nice moves. He showed a few flashes of a nice little jump hook. I thought that he should've gotten a nod as a nominee for the citizenship award. Isn't that for players that do things for the community? He has gone to talk to young kids (without being asked to),and Calvin said he was the most instrumental in the "Stay in School" programs.

Sorry to get off topic there, just had to throw my 2 pennies in.

------------------
    Reporter:What do you guys need to do in order to beat this team?
    Charles Barkley:Score more points than they do.

[This message has been edited by Calvin23 (edited March 30, 2000).]

10. haven

haven Member

Who would you recommend that he start in place of? IMO, Williams and Thomas are both better players. One could argue that Rogers is better than Thomas RIGHT NOW... but this is hardly a year of contention, as has been obvious for most of the year, so I think it's best to develop the youngsters.

I really hope all the Wizard bashers have repented, by now [​IMG].

------------------