1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Catholic School Teacher Fired for In Vitro Fertilization

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Just to edumacate some of you gents on IVF, this is how it works:

1. The woman takes a ton of pills and injects herself with drugs multiple times a day for several weeks.
    2. One morning the man gets up and jacks off into a cup. Later that morning the man and woman go to the doc and she has lots of eggs removed from her ovaries via a gigantor needle that they shove up her cooch.
    3. The docs take the eggs and inject them with the j*zz from the cup.
    4. The fertilized eggs then sit in a petri dish for 5 days.
    5. The woman continues to take massive amounts of drugs.
    6. On the fifth day, the doc takes the best looking embryos and sticks them into the woman's uterus.**
    7. The woman continues to take massive amounts of drugs.
    8. The couple finds out if the embryos took.

If yes
    goto 9​
    Else
    goto 1​
    End If

9. Wait 9 months.
    10. Baby.

** The quantity of embryos to place into the uterus is debatable. Most docs that adhere to morals and ethics never put more than 2 into a woman. Some docs do not and that is why you have ladies that end up like Octomom.

I know this is how it works because my wife and I are currently going through this process. Last week we found out that we are at 9.

#21 Master Baiter, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Congrats man. Mad props to your wife too - that retinue is exhausting and makes for an emotional roller coaster.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Congrats and good luck, MB and MF!!

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Congrats MB! I have experience with IVF as well, and without knowing the specifics of your situation, and realizing you are clearly far away from this, thought I'd just note that once kickstarted, we were fine on our own - baby number 2 came immediately with no help.

It's funny how those against the "selective" choice of embryos to discard (when the selection is done specifically because the other ones clearly won't be viable and will die off on their own anyway) have such a problem with this part of the process, but haven't piped in on the first part - the creation of life. Granted, I'm not religious, and definitely not Christian, so maybe the Bible/teachings have no problem with this, but from a non-religious perspective, I'd think the ability to/action of creating life would be just as offensive, if not more so, than the the "destruction" of it (by discarding generally unviable embryo's). Taking life is easy. Creating it is hard, and seems much more "magical" to me.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats MB!

I find this an interesting argument in regard to the Church's stance against birth control. It seems to me that if the Church fully backed this they should support all means of controlling reproduction so that eggs aren't getting fertilized unless that is what is intended.

6. Dei

Dei Member

They are but the Catholic Church is promoting only one measure which is abstinence outside of intercourse where the proponents are willing to take on parenthood.