1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Casserly on 13 Tonight!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bobblehead, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Wow he seemed pretty ticked at the way the fans are reacting.
    Looked right at the cam and said blame him and not Mario.
    Also said the job has been filled in the NFL and that he doesn't know if he will be back or not.

He DID have a good point calling Bush a "Part-Time" college player. I did always wonder why Pete Carroll had this supposibly greatest player since sliced bread on the sidelines during the National Championship game. Why LenDale White was basically the star for USC. And how it's not worth paying $9 a year to a guy that can't be on the field for every down.

That was always a concern for and Bush...his ability to play on a regular basis. But Bush is a homerun hitter...and DD is not.

Anyway, I liked what Casserly had to say and defineltly trust Kubiak's decision. Mario will give QB's what no other Texan defensive player has ever done....strike fear.

You know how "down to earth" Manning is when rushed. Look at what the Steelers did to him last season.

The Texans lost how many games last season in the 4th because of no pressure on the QB???? Those are games they were winning WITH Carr, Johnson and Davis on offense. Now they have Moulds...and extra 600lb on the O-Line and more options.

I don't know about you...but I'm getting excited.

Think how fun it was in the Dome when it was "The House of Pain!"
    I love when defenses cause havoc!!!

2. Major

Major Member

I've never understood this argument. How often does a running back break a big one in the NFL? Willie Parker, one of the fastest guys in the league, had a total of 3 runs over 40 yards last year. Alexander, the league MVP, had 4.

Is it really a big to deal to have a guy who, every 4 games, has a 40 yard run? In the NFL, running backs are made by being able to get 3 or 4 yards on 1st and 2nd downs to get teams in 3rd and short.

3. Bobblehead

Well DD did have a very good 4.2 Yards Per Gain last season and 4.1 for his career. He was Rookie of The Year also. I love DD...just want him healthy!!!

4. SLIMANDTRIM

SLIMANDTRIM Contributing Member

The Texans DB's are loving this pick I bet.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Boo-freakin-hoo! What the hell did he expect? Whatever happens with the team now, this draft has been a public relations nightmare. First, they drag out the decision about Vince until a week before the draft. Then, they draft a guy EVERYONE rated as the second or third best guy on the board behind Bush.

Of course people are going to be pissed.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I wanted Bush, but I trust them to do what's right for the team. I am excited about this team. I'm excited to see what Kubiak will do with the team.

We will finally have a defense where the QB will have to keep a close eye on the line.
    Go Texans.

7. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

seriously! he has to be a fool to not think that people would be upset with the pick. sure, it may payoff down the road, but right now it just looks stupid. and so does he. from setting the single-season sacks-allowed record in their first season to this horrible draft, the texans are definitely starting to become the laughing-stock of the nfl. in my opinion anyway.....

i think the thing that sucks the worst for me, is that now i have to root for reggie bush to suck just so i can feel ok with the texans' pick. buuuuut i dont want to root for bush to suck, i want him to be awesome......on the texans....

8. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

i'd hate to say it, but i watched the show tonight too bobblehead, and am somehow also starting to buy into casserly's BS. the kid is persuasive.

after letting it simmer for the weekend, as much as i wanted bush, the fact is, we had a great offseason, and we will undoubtedly be an improved team. i hope mario pans out, and the rest of our draft seemed perfect.

i'm not saying i like or dislike casserly as a gm, but the fans here are so fickle. everybody loves the offseason additions (moulds, putzier, flanagan, etc.), but nobody gives casserly credit for those. they just ream him for anything they disagree with.

it's taken 4 years, but we are finally starting to look like a real nfl team.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

:confused: Uhh.. every draft special or article about the draft I saw had Mario rated #2, if not #1. "Everyone" didn't rate him #2 or #3 especially. The Texans have a RB, who has averaged 1000+ yards for most of his career. They have 2 GREAT recievers and 1 good 3rd option. They signed a good TE. Why do they need another offensive player? As bad as our offense was, our defense was even worst IMO. We had several games won on the offensive side when our defense collapsed in crunch time. Mario was the smart choice.

10. Uprising

Great post. I agree, most fans were first pissed at him and the team because they didn't get the player they were having orgasms for. (VY). Then came us wanting the not and every down RB Bush, after all the hype gathered up by the media.

It's not like Mario wasn't one of the top players in the draft. He was rated #1 and #2 by many people. He was one of the top rated players of the draft.

I aggree about this team finally starting to feel like a real NFL team. I love the offseason additions. The season can't come soon enough.

11. Bobblehead

I couldn't agree more!!!
    How many times last season did the defense let us all down??
    How many last minute drives were won by the opponent??

Maybe it was tank job on the defense to draft Mario!! After all...they let freaking Alex Smith beat them in SF.

The offesne last season...especially when they cut Carr loose (Cards and Rams games), was great at times. The defense was NEVER good..EVER!!!!

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Not just your opinion... stat-wise it's fact.

I think the offseason + draft = a much better outlook. ;)

I can't wait to see Mario get his first sack at home... they should play the theme music from Super Mario Bros.

"da da dutt da dutt duuunnnnt *boing*" Or even the sound it makes when Mario gets a gold coin "brr-linggg"...

13. Uprising

They should use the song when Mario get's a star and becomes invincible. Or use the noise of Mario shooting a fire ball at a character/jumping on them, when he sacks the qbs.

14. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I think people forget about his ability to catch passes, return kickoffs and punts. I remember Mel Kiper saying that if bush would have entered the draft as a WR, he still would have been a first round pick. Just having him on the field strikes fear in the hearts of defensive coordinators everywhere. About what Casserly said, he has to say those things. He just passed up a guy that everyone has wanted since the last game on the 2005 season. I thought it was pretty funny though how Bob Slovak pretty much told him to his face that even he wanted Reggie Bush.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not that it really matters, but Kiper from ESPN and Prisco from CBS Sportsline gave out their draft grades:

Kiper didnt give a grade higher than B+...he gave this grade to 3 teams...Houston was one of them.

Prisco gave Houston an A.

We had a great draft and Super Mario is gonna knock some QB's to the ER.

16. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

yet, stupid dan pompei gave houston a freakin D b/c of his hatred of us not getting bush or LEINART?

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=88199

17. Agent27

Agent27 Member

Note that he also gave the Titans a bad grade because he thinks they should have taken Leinart instead of Young.

He gave NO a good grade even though their other picks were "OK" because they drafted Bush "even though they don't need him."

18. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Casserly= hypocrite

Last week- We have every reason to believe Reggie Bush can be an every down back (Sportradio 610)
    Now- R Bush is a situational back who will only see the ball 10-15 times.

Charlie I have been screaming that for 6 weeks!

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Except for the six teams that Ron Hill (or was it Wolf) said had Williams at the top of their boards.

We're not taking Bush. So, using the logic of a lot of posters before the draft, everyone should stop talking about it and focus on the beast that Mario will become.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He's on 610 right now...HE JUST SAID, "Hey, Bush wasn't on the field in the championship game during the most important moments. Why? I don't know. But USC has smart coaches. So you figure it out." -- paraphrasing.

WOW!!!! Called him a part-time player.