1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case "Keep'um" Keenum | Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr. Dominant, May 9, 2014.

?

Are you all in for Case Keenum to be the starter this year?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2014.
  1. Yes

38.6%
  2. No

31.2%
  3. Maybe

19.8%
  4. I don't care what the Texans do this year

8.0%
  5. I have given up on the Texans for all eternity

2.5%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is next to no chance that is what is going on. I think that the Texans have little to no interest in Mallett and he's not going to be cut in the first round of cuts.

2. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I really dont think Keenum will be here.. they will pick up a QB in the waiver or trade for Mallet (If mallett only cost you a 6th or 7th rounder - i think the Texans trade for him..

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would the Texans trade for Mallett? He is going to be cut eventually and they have first shot at anyone hitting the waiver wire.....if they wanted him, they could get him for nothing.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It's about being active/passive. They could certainly sit back and wait... but every team in the NFL knows Houston has the first waiver claim. So if the... Rams, or Jets, or whomever, really wanted him - in theory - they have to trade for him. And to that end, if Houston really wanted him... they'd need to make sure someone else doesn't swipe him ahead of his (pending) release. The Patriots will *absolutely* put Mallet on the block before cutting him.

(None of this is to suggest I think the Texans *should* deal for him; just demonstrating why a trade is safer than waiver claim.)

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

if you don't fit somebody's system, no matter how skilled, smart, sharp, alert and dedicated you are, you may just never fit in. it isn't fair, it's life.

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Keenum should get significant play time thursday, lets see how he does before we all get the jerkass and want him gone.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Do you really think how he performs Thursday, against sub-par competition, should really make a difference?

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are the Raiders keeping all 3 of their QBs?

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not person you are replying to, but if he does poorly and there is a better option on the waiver wire, yes. A good performance could help him, but not as much as a poor performance would hurt him.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Mallett has been on the block for awhile. Hell, the reason he isn't playing Thursday is because he's on the block and the Pats don't want to risk an injury destroying his trade value (if he even has any).

11. Cannonball

Is Carr still out with the concussion? Makes sense to carry 3 if Carr isn't ready to play yet. As soon as he is, he's starting. Schaub may not get cut because management doesn't want to admit the mistake. But he won't be there next year and they still may want to hold on to McGloin to be Carr's backup next year.

12. Cannonball

That's mostly what Case is playing for, even moreso than staying ahead of Savage on the depth chart. It's Case trying to outplay whatever QBs may come along on the waiver wire.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think Case is gonna be a Raven this time next year.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes unless they come to their senses and cut noodler Schaub.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be the worst thing for him, Kubiak doesn't adjust his scheme for whatever QB is out there, he just tries to force a square peg into a round hole.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He also has a dumbed down offense that is super QB friendly... which tends to work with QB's who can't read defenses and need everything to be clicking to succeed.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

True, it could only potentially "hurt" him more than help him. A meh or bad performance basically would likely lead to him getting cut. A good performance doesn't mean that translates to when he actually faces level one competition.

So again... I don't see a good performance basically meaning much of anything (unless you all think Savage's performance against 2's and 3's meant more than it actually was... because that's the type of performance Case will be looking to have against 2's and 3's.).

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

All I know is it would be good for his pocketbook, and by this time next year, that's probably all he's going to be worried about.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Well, Case has been declared the starter for Thursday so he'll have another chance to prove himself to this team or another.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]