1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case Keenum, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donatas, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. A good QB can help you win just by minimizing mistakes and managing the game well. I think you can argue that the Texans won in spite of Case but he didn't make too many mistakes except for that awful INT. He just couldn't hit a receiver to save his life. The completions he did make went for a lot of yards though.

Still happy we got him back and we won. I hope he can turn it around and prove to be a great QB. I don't care who QBs for us. I would buy a Manziel jersey if he played for us and he was great.

Again, if UH fans want the hate to stop on Case then stop making Jeremy Lin threads.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's just it... he had a chance to turn it around and prove to be GREAT and it was really Flacco giving us the ball and the ineptitude of their offense against our good defense that won us the game. A running back threw a TD in our team for the first time in 12 years and our QB didn't. :eek: The point I'm trying to make is that he is not "the great" as it is said in JEST here... or even close.

Give a game ball to the D for holding the Ravens' star RB to much less than the 5+ yards per carry he's used to, and for Randy Bullock another ball for his 6 field goals. :cool:

You could probably had put ME in there and the Texans would have won a close game... but... Case did NOTHING.

3. J Hard

J Hard Member

Obviously you don't know football. Put Russell Wilson on the Texans and we're easily Super Bowl contenders. Trent Dilfer not so much.

Wilson is a bad man, they stripped him of his top 2 WR's this past year (Golden Tate and Percy Harvin) and he's still ultra effecient and highly intelligent while putting his team in the best position to score offensively. Special little Quarterback he is.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

though your argument may be correct, the supporting evidence is not. Percy Harvin was out all last year, 2013. He suited up for one game. This year in 5 games he had 100 yards receiving and 133 total yard. 2 fumbles.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Case was "great" in college. Obviously, he has struggled in the NFL as many young QB's do. Do I need to mention JF? He has flashed some serious skills at times, so I think that in the right system with the right playing calling, a running game, and a decent OL he can be successful. Great? Doesn't appear likely, but no one really knows. He has a big stage next week. That is all he can ask for at this point.

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

If we lose this week and he has an awful game then he will get run out of town like Jacoby Jones.

7. Buck Turgidson

I would bet that the percentage of replies to Swoly that start out with some variation of this phrase is about 50%.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Keenum will be on the Dan Patrick show tomorrow [if you care]

9. conquistador#11

here we have a guy that was hunting bison with a spear just to feed his family, now he is winning games trying to lead the texans back to the playoffs. how can you not love that?

10. Progs

Progs Member

Thank you Case.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he got waived?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: He's actually an exclusive rights free agent.

Soon enough.

He's the odd man out, along with Fitzpatrick.

Mallett
    Hoyer
    <strike>Fitzpatrick</strike>
    Savage
    <strike>Keenum</strike>
    <strike>Thad Lewis</strike>
    <strike>Ricky Stanzi(PS)</strike>

[​IMG]

#172 J.R., Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not officially, but at this point the only scenario for him making this team is an injury in camp. Mallet and Hoyer are locks, and I have trouble believing the team is ready to give up on Savage.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans traded QB Case Keenum back to the St. Louis Rams for a 7th-round pick in 2016, per league sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575411967176896512">March 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Keenum wanted a chance to play, wasn’t going to happen in Houston. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> tendered him and traded him in the process knowing interest there</p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/575412814325530625">March 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Say what you need, but sneaky good move by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a>.</p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/575413066419994624">March 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean, bravo, woo hoo, they got another 7th round pick! Let's all pat them on the back and call them geniuses.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

See ya soon Case.

He's tethered to this city, for better or worse (helping us currently).

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Case Keenum has value, Ryan Fitzpatrick has value. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/575413445622808576">March 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wow we let go of the QB who played best for us?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Seriously, what the hell was that guy thinking saying that?

OK yeah, they got a 7th round pick for free basically. It's basically like picking a nickel up off the ground. WHAT A SMART FINANCIAL DECISION!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.