1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case Keenum, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Aug 4, 2010.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Donald Buckram says hi...

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:
    A GREAT film with one of the best quotes about a case:
    [​IMG]
    :eek:

3. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Looking forward to watching Case and the team this season. Will be at the games (I missed the Texas tech game last year and could only watch it on tv, I was pissed. Not this year!)
    Go Coogs!

[​IMG]

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

5. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

7. Buck Turgidson

No doubt. Why the Texans didn't want to keep a mediocre backup QB for 3 years instead of trying other mediocre backup QBs, is the fault of the coaching staff turnover.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say "mediocre backup" yet he's passing for more yards per game right now than Watson was before he went down and he's got a 93.7 QB rating with a top 10 completion percentage among NFL QB's....oh, and his team is currently 8-2.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The article isn't about the Texans. It's about Case Keenum's success. Success that very, very few thought was possible. I don't even think most Cougars fans thought he'd be in his seventh year/ sixth season starting (and winning) NFL games. Many kept clamoring for him to enter coaching, assuming he'd have a Kingsbury type of career.

How many people here thought he'd last longer in the NFL than Vince Young, Robert Griffin, Johnny Manziel, etc. ? It's an incredible real life underdog story.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was a backup QB. Those guys seem to keep their jobs for a while unless they rock the boat somehow.

juicystream likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wow bobby thinks Keenum is better than Watson in any way? What is wrong with you. You want to constantly criticize Watson, but some how you are praising Case Keenum who has been a mediocre backup his entire career. To me, you seem to be either a racist or just fan of mediocre backupup Qbs like Mallet, savage, and Keenum, but to be honest Keenum seems to be better than than Mallet and Savage.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I did. I always believed. And I will own that proudly. He’s always been in an unfortunate situation sort of like Andre Ware. Who I also believe would have made it if not for Fontes. Case was given a legitimate shot in Houston, but outside of that being in the Jeff Fisher situation was doomed for all kinds of reasons, the first being Goff, the second being Jeff fishers conservative offense, and the last being Jeff Fisher himself as an idiot when it comes to qbs ( see Vince young and Kerry Collins ). That situation did however save his career. So there is something to be said for that. But even now poor Case is winning in Minnesota and he’s got Bridgewater and Bradford still on his back. I’d just like to see him get a free run as starter for once. But all said, he’s made it. He’s secured a career as a blue chip backup and he’s willing his way into a permanent starting qB somewhere. He deserves it. Gold. I’ won’t say that he’s Tom Brady, but I always believed that a guy asked to throw that much in college, the all time leader in passing yards, if given the chance to throw in the nfl, would have success. So glad to see it happen. Go Case! Light it up.

K-Lo_The_Future likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

He was most definitely a mediocre backup QB when he was with theTexans.

I'm happy for the guy.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think Case should be proud as hell that he has achieved a level of play wherein he can consistently keep a GREAT team playing up to their potential and winning, even if he isn't a great QB.

It's amazing how many bad QBs have pissed away the opportunities of some really awesome teams.

Case may not have earned everyone's admiration, but by now he should have everyone's respect.

15. conquistador#11

when he was with houston blitzes were his kryptonite but what is qbs best friend in blitzing situations...a talented rb with special hands and a special TE as safety blankets.
    ooops foster broken back you're out for the season. oops owen daniels you're out for the season. After his second stint with houston, I thought he would turn into a nice backup or a rich gannon, where it all clicks at age 30. Happy for him.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And before this season?

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Better save that post, because when Watson comes back and plays well He'll swear he NEVER hinted that Keenum was better than Watson, and everyone is making it up.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Case was always a gamer, a very hard worker, and a clutch performer. During his first stint in Houston, he had no "running" support. He struggled reading defenses, and just couldn't compensate for the Texans team deficiencies at the time. He is now in the perfect team situation. He has refined his skills, reads defenses better, and has improved pocket presence. He surely reminds some of the older Viking fans of Fran the Man who was also gritty and determined though considerably more successful in all aspects of the game. However, Case is really just getting his career in gear, so we shall see.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your struggles with reading comprehension are well documented so I'll just chalk this up to you being you, but obviously that's not what I said. I'd suggest that you go back and read what I wrote over again, but given your shortcomings, I'm not sure it would help.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course I'd say that, because I NEVER hinted that Keenum was better than Watson. It's funny how many of these misunderstandings stem from reading comprehension failures.