1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Case Keenum out for year with torn ACL.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by KingStevo10, Sep 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Oh boy :( Damn i know that was tough for Case riding off the field knowing that was the last game you would ever play as a Coog. The closest he got to playing in a BCS game......... I got faith in Broadway. Eat Em Coogs next wk. I still think we can win C-USA

2. Poloshirtbandit

I hope they replace "Everyday I'm Hustlin" with this as the intro music.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well I guess there's still Coog basketball.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i doubt we'll do good. the guy we got from yates is red-shirted..so we got...zamal nixon i guess...

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Man this sucks.. Case was supposed to have a heisman season!!! Damn..

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Sucks for the kid.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but are you gloating over a college player having a potentially career ending injury?

:confused:

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

DAMNIT,

This is without a doubt....the worst Case scenario.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If the Cougar fans turn their backs on this team at this point, that would be pathetic. What would that say to Sumlin, or any future recruits considering UH. The Cougars want to build new facilities and take this program to the next level, but they're going to need the fans to show up and cheer, whether their best player is on the field or not. Broadway may turn out to be the next big star player at UH, and the Cougars can still have a good year. Everyone is so obsessed with rankings and records. Just go support your team and have fun at the game.

1 person likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Well said. There is still a great deal of talent on this team, but changes have to be made on the defensive side. If UCLA gives UT a run for their money next week, the Coogs may get a tad of credibility back. I watched UCLA play Stanford, and I didn't recognize any similarities when they played UH. Looked like a completely different team, especially the line play.

We all feel horrible for Case, maybe he will still get a Bradford like deal in the NFL. I can't believe Turner is gone too, that is crazy bad.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

College football d*ckheadery aside, that's a pretty *****ty thing to post on a human level. Gloating over injury, really?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Laughing at UH losing 2 QBs. Laughing at the situation. Not directly at the players. Collateral damage.

13. Major

Major Member

There are at least some silver linings. It's happened a few times recently - Bradford, Gresham, McGahee - and they managed to get drafted decently despite their injuries and do well in the NFL. And of all the season-ending injuries for a QB to have, an ACL is probably one of the better ones - at least it's nothing in the shoulder/arm.

Nevertheless, a crappy situation for him all around. Hopefully he gets medical redshirt and gets to come back next season.

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really sad news. Just when you think a program is rising from purgatory something like this happens to bring them back down. Good luck to both Keenum and Cotton on speedy recoveries.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not trying to be pessimistic, but the guys you mentioned were all elite NFL prospects before their injuries. Case already had a lot of things going against him (size, system, arm strength, etc...), this injury is a HUGE hit to his stock, if there is any left to be honest.

With that said, you're right in that a ACL injury is probably better than a severe arm injury for a QB. Also, should everything work out, he should be able to workout for teams come March/April.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...series of unfortunate events...hate to see someone choose to stay and this crap happens...

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

LOL....you cant be serious.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And you wonder why people like me get so happy at UH's misery...

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

People hoping the best for their team and players is no excuse to be an asshat.

How does that offend, harm, or inconvenience you in any way?