1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carville: 'Ted Cruz Is the Most Talented, Fearless Republican Politician I’ve Seen in 30 Years'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 6, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Yes he supported the Cuban Revolution until he found out about Castro's politics and he began seizing land and power. That is when he hit dodge.

Here is the wiki info
    I never stated anything about him running for POTUS. I think he will do better in the Senate and maybe one day on the Supreme Court.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think he would do well there. We need those who embrace all bill of rights fully and to vanguard the constitution. I loved his "three questions" carryover at the NRA convention as well..
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Zzu2FSxdc

#62 ROXRAN, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Allah be praised he will never see either.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Lol mc mark..it is very difficult to dislike you for some reason.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I thought his job was to serve his constituents?

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Because deep down you know i speak truth.

;)

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I doubt Ted Cruz could make a two time purple heart recipient Vietnam vet pee in his pants.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ted Cruz is a very talented politician, but in a Tom Delay sort of way. He gets the libertarians to really like him, but his views are a little too polar to appeal to moderates.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

bobmarley do you care to post Cruz's positions on issues such as social security, taxes, and education? Then you'll see why he's not electable beyond Texas.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

In so far as people who win and successfully serve at every level of state and federal government, as opposed to posting misleadingly worded youtube excerpts, actually run the country; yes, it is important that people who win and successfully serve every level of state and federal government value the opinion of Carville and Richardson: who themselves have successfully won and served at every level of state and federal government.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

So you disagree with the views of who he clerked for... What does that have to do with his intelligence?

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ted Cruz is very smart and he really knows how to troll his way to Washington fast. I wanted to believe he was an idiot before I learned more about him. It's just the sad reality that anti-intellectual partisan trolling gets you recognized much quicker than intellectual, well balanced thought and discussion. He knows this....so he does it.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>On Senate floor, Reid calls Cruz a "schoolyard bully."</p>&mdash; Kara Rowland (@kararowland) <a href="https://twitter.com/kararowland/status/331531719335366658">May 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notice Cruz does not engage in personal attacks, despite receiving them

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He has the smarmy part of being a politician down to a science.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3EqZYCeBzgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Anxiety Trooper

This. I get the exact same vibe.

Having said that I'm with SamF and McMark. Would love for him to represent the republicans in 2016

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Carville is sly. There may be some genuineness to his remarks or, and more likely, the Democrats would like to pick their opponents. They see him as a Goldwater candidate and so does the Republican establishment. Definition: easily defeated. Be careful what you wish for. Cruz is not your ordinary "bear."

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Cruz is super intelligent, but he's painting himself in a corner with all the Palin/Teabag nonsense.

He's starting to remind me of Antonin Scalia.

19. bobmarley

He is serving his constituents. He is also doing his best uphold the Constitution.

Why don't you do that? I'm glad to see it. Then again I have said I prefer to see him as a Senator or Supreme Court Justice.

20. bobmarley

Wow! I sure hope the House votes this bill down. How crazy would it be to have to pay taxes in over 9600 local municipalities and 46 different states. Seems unconstitutional to me.