1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carville: 'Ted Cruz Is the Most Talented, Fearless Republican Politician I’ve Seen in 30 Years'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 6, 2013.

1. False

False Member

Yup, that is exactly right. Your initial understanding of the applicable law is very likely incorrect. You failed to initially consider the marital status of his mother. It's a rookie mistake but as they say, to err is to be human.

Unfortunately in your initial understanding you applied what is likely an inapplicable law because you did not consider the validity of the marriage which, by all accounts I can find, appears invalid at the time of Obama's birth. Given that the marriage was very likely invalid and Obama was therefore born out of wed-lock, the only presence requirement is 1 year by the mother making a hypothetical foreign birth of Obama to his citizen mother sufficient to acquire citizenship.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Good lord, what is this 1864?

3. Nook

Nook Member

I believe that he wants to ramp up discord and hatred between Jews, Christians and Muslims that people indifferent need to take a side and when the inevitable violence happens, he can position himself as a strong leader that "told you so".

He is a very bright man, and was very well aware of what the response would be. He is extremely well versed on history and politics.

I don't hate Ted Cruz.

Anyone that refers to Cruz supporters as ignorant Southerners is off base. Cruz and his form of Conservative belief is all over the country. There are many people that support his approach in the suburbs of Chicago where I am currently, as well as in Ohio and other places. Cruz can get support across this country, he is just too far from the moderate to win anything without real turmoil.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It isn't that anyone with different values is ignorant, it is that people who spout the garbage that you have since arriving are ignorant. You don't even seem to know basic facts about the lunacy you post, which is explained perfectly by my assumption that you get your "news" from Fox and their echo chamber.

5. houactuar

houactuar Member

They were married in the United States. I don't know what it would take to declare their marriage invalid. Maybe you should challenge the marriage in court and see what happens. I am operating under the assumptions that they were legally married and unless and until a court determined that the marriage was invalid then in the eyes of the law it was a legal marriage.

6. houactuar

houactuar Member

My initial understanding was absolutely correct. You are altering parameters for facts not in evidence. Time magazine reported that Anna Obama married Barrack senior several months after she became pregnant but before Barry was born. You are assuming that the marriage was not valid, but no court finding has been presented supporting that claim.

7. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

God damn birthers...

8. houactuar

houactuar Member

Which basic facts can you present to support your hypothesis of my claimed ignorance? To what do you attribute my knowledge being obtained from Fox? Are you a regular Fox viewer and recognize my posts as having that source? Can you site times and places and programs that you watched?

You claim that I have spouted garbage. Can you give specific examples of any refuse posted that you can offer verifiable contradictory evidence? If not, then you should apologize for these unwarranted attacks of libel and slander.

Certainly we can agree to disagree like adults without the ad hominem attacks, can't we?

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

Where? I have never claimed Barry was born anywhere other than the island of Hawaii which the United States invaded and controlled and declared a state in 1959.

10. Felixthecat

It's been discussed to death man. This is a thread about Ted Cruz and you're talking about Obama. I think it's time to just get over it and accept the fact that he is your president.

If he were really not eligible, he wouldn't be president.

It's going to be okay...I promise. He only has two years and 4 months left.

#690 Felixthecat, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  11. houactuar

houactuar Member

It is 2014. You really think it is 1864? Were you recently cryogenicly unfrozen or something?

12. houactuar

houactuar Member

Where did I ever refuse to accept that he was the incompetent in chief?

the next presidential election is in November 2016, but Hillary will not be sworn in until January of 2017. That means he has two years and four months left. He doesn't only have two years left, he has 28 months left.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Your perspective is a breath of fresh air in this place. Entertaining to say the least. Keep up the good fight.

Where do you stand on whether Obama should admit that he is a secret Muslim?

14. Felixthecat

At least you've accepted the fact that Hillary will be your next president. Maybe there is hope.

15. Felixthecat

There I fixed it...If you contribute to this site, you too can edit your posts.

16. dmoneybangbang

No, but Ted has to appeal to the God and Guns crowd. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

17. houactuar

houactuar Member

I see. So stereotypes exist so you can politically demonize people. The way Obama does by saying people that don't like him cling to guns and religion. Or maybe the way you call southerners ignorant or worse.

18. houactuar

houactuar Member

I've thought about it. I'm trying it out. Based on the quality of your posts, not sure how long I will be here. Also, I got moderated for saying poop stinks. I thought it was obvious that poop stinks. But evidently scatological humor is too immature. I'm not sure I am as high brow as you are. So maybe the mods will send me packing. That's their right, of course. Free speech does not exist on a private web site. I serve at the pleasure of the server owner.

19. houactuar

houactuar Member

He should not admit to a secret because then it isn't a secret any more.

20. Felixthecat

Aww...are you going to let me run you off? BTW...this is a site about the Houston Rockets. If you're just here to troll...then maybe it's best if you did leave...but if you're really here because of your love for the ROCKETS...then I think most of us can look past your political views.