1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carville: 'Ted Cruz Is the Most Talented, Fearless Republican Politician I’ve Seen in 30 Years'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 6, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He is on a national stage. Even liberal media are beginning to recognize that he is an emerging Republican voice.

So Sam, what is favorite thing about him?

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

So...the republicans' response to alienating a huge chunk of the voting block in the last election is to put a guy front and center who is even more divisive? Brilliant...

3. Nook

Nook Member

But... but.... he is a minority, they will stick together, look at Obama and blacks.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Agreed

He is a leading light of the new republican party.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not what I choose to believe, it's exactly what Cruz did. There was no evidence that it came from N. Korea yet Cruz brought up that possibility because he wanted to infer that's what happened.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

This might be the most telling and unintentionally humorous thing in this thread.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Did a little research, He made Chuck Hagel pee on himself during go for the throat type questioning in the confirmation hearings..he is in your face with aggressive and top shelf debate skills plus extremely, extremely intelligent with a dose of some political charisma... What's not to like? Sounds good to me..

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I worked on his campaign team last year. He is extremly likeable. I met him a few years ago at fundraiser when he was a nobody. Actually has a personality, and isn't a robot like most other politicians I've met.

Very intelligent, and one of the beat public speakers ive ever heard. I don't agree with him on a few issues but I would vote for him in a second. And I didn't vote for Romney.

9. bobmarley

I actually like him in the Senate. I think he can do more good there for a number of years. I don't think any Demo Senators are going to be able to do enough to eliminate his voice.

He is probably the most talented and intelligent Senator.

10. bobmarley

This might be the most telling and unintentionally humorous thing in this thread.

Nice post. 5 star, would read again. Excellent exposition.

11. mc mark

Stop it! Yer killin' me! :)

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

His legal career doesn't back him up in any way.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hitler was talented and fearless. Just saying.:p

1 person likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hitler hated Jews, you hate Israel. Just saying. :rolleyes:

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another Cuban Republican thinking he'll get the Latino vote because they're stupid and don't vote on issues. Okay...

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

a disgusting, classless, shameful post

17. conquistador#11

I keep saying it but the republican's greatest wmd, politically speaking, is jorge p bush. Republicans just don't know it yet and I'm glad they don't. This ted cruz is whiter than meat loaf.
    Cruz isn't taking his talents to 1600 pennsylvania.

18. mc mark

Yes, if you're a rightwing nutjob, his bona fides are stellar. He clerked for William Rehnquist

19. Nook

Nook Member

Cruz is a very bright man and very accomplished. I am not sure he will register with the American people though. Guy is not above playing dirty politics.

As a side note his dad supported Castro's revolution in Cuba.

Will be interesting to see what happens. IMO he would do more good for the Republicans on the Supreme Court. He is a very good debator but comes off as a huge *******, not sure that will work when running for President.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So people like Carville and Richardson value the opinion of people like Carville and Richardson? Wow. In that case, this is a big deal after all.