1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carry us to the Promised Land

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Aug 7, 2001.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

From what the Rocket Moves have been in regards to Contracts, I feel with the Drafting of Griffin, the Rockets feel this is the core group of Players they want to keep to make a championship run in a few years.
    Looking at all championship teams, role players are essential for success and chemistry is vital.

A team of :

Griffin Cato Collier
    MoTay Griffin Collier
    Morris Langhi Anderson
    Cat Anderson Francis
    Francis Mooch Scrub

That Team in A few Years has Contention possibilities.
    I feel with Griffin's age and build, he can still grow and put on some weight making him a plausible center in a few years along with that bucket of slop, Cato and Collier to back him up against the Shaq's of the world ( ok there is just one)

I think a front line of Cato, Griffin and MoTay at times with Anderson and Francis in the backcourt could create Matchup problems for a lot of teams. Or a small lineup of Mooch, Francis, Cat, MoTay and Griffin could outrun almost any team in the league.

If we work on our defensive rotations and personell development I feel the salary cap is not an issue anymore in regards to signing Shandon and MoTay to nice sized contracts. The Rockets have a reputation and understanding that we take care of our players and that is a cardinal reason why we have picked up free agents below market value many times.

I personally feel the Rockets are content with the team and now, aside from Marginal signings and the draft to fill some holes, are ready to let this team come together, grow and soon to contend.

What missing Pieces do we need?

San Antonio, LA, Houston, Chicago, Detroit........

All Had Two Stars and Many Marginal Players...

I think Francis and Griffin with a secondary kick of MoTaylor and Cuttino gives us a solid foundation that could have championship implications in the future.
    If we max out Stevie and ReNew Griffin, the salary Cap is exceeded anyway, so we might as well give Anderson a good deal because after we sign francis we won't have any Cap room anyway......just exceptions...

Is this the Team we are Going to Watch Grow?