1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr to be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joshfast, Mar 9, 2007.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My dislike for BQ is based upon sh*tty performance against USC last year. I did not see BQ as a NFL QB from that game.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

And what they'll leave out is that LSU, USC and UM scored 41, 44 and 47 points in those losses.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Quinn wouldn't be a bad pick...

...if he slips to the Texans in the second round and Joe Staley's off the board. He's not a bad player or a bad prospect. He's just way overrated.

4. The Cat

274 passing yards, 3 TD, 0 INT and 74 rushing yards is sh*tty?

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Quinn threw for 274 yards, threw three touchdowns, and ran for 74 yards against USC in 2006.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

it seems quite a bit. he's certainly an intriguing prospect; leinart redux, imo (minus the heisman, championships, out of welock babies and STDs, of course).

7. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Quinn is worth taking a shot at past the 20th pick. That is if you are desparate for a QB.

Just let Sage start and draft a QB later.
    Our record isn't going to put us out of the running for a Qb next season in the draft.

Please trade down don't draft Quinn higher than about 16-20 you are just passing up too many impact players this team needs really badly. I would much rather have a stud DTackle, or Safety or Cornerback or WR at #8.

We can't afford to draft a QB with a high pick unless he is a legitimate franchise future star.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no reason to start a rookie QB...if they do draft Quinn I hope they get a veteran to play for a couple of years.

Ala Chris Chandler.

DD

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...I don't hate BQ, its just that he's overrated...and hasn't really won a "big" game or shown he's a franchise type player, IMHO...If he's around int the second round, sure, but i don't think he will be and would rather have Kolb anyway...Someone that can throw on the run...

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If we pass on Vince only to trade up and draft Quinn one year later.....that would be extremely stupid....

11. The Cat

The entire "winning a big game" argument is silly because a quarterback only has so much control... see the 41, 44 and 47 points opponents scored on Notre Dame in their three losses this season. I love Vince Young. But if the Notre Dame CB sticks his arm up on USC's 4th and 10 in 2005, Notre Dame beats USC for the first time in 30 games, Quinn is a legend, and the mystique of Vince's Rose Bowl is gone.

That's not to say Vince doesn't deserve everything he's gotten from that game. He's amazing and he earned it. But think about how differently things would've turned out had that corner done the logical thing and put a hand up. That had nothing to do with Quinn.

12. bchapman101

bchapman101 Contributing Member

just heard on 610 that the Texans have an understading with Washington that if Quinn is still on the board at #6 where Washington is to draft, then the Texans will trade up to get Quinn so that Minnesota doesnt take him at #7

we got clowns runnin the organization yall

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, didn't Peyton Manning have trouble winning the "big game" in college as well?

14. The Cat

My guess is that they're simply repeating the rumor on ESPN Insider.

Can those criticizing Quinn at least come up with something more substantial than "Notre Dame is overrated" and "I hate Notre Dame"?

15. Hey Now!

there are bigger clowns at 610.

16. Hey Now!

oh, oh - i know: "he's not a winner." (or some variation of his individual failure to hoist a team of 22 people on his back and lead them to victory). also, "he's a pretty boy: been there, done that." (a sly, subtle reference to david carr's attention to how he looks at the expense of success on the field).

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, good point.

18. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

OK now you've done it...

I'm getting sick.... :eek: :(

Please say no to Brady- let's booo Sage out of Houston before we pass on LaRon Landry for Quinn

19. The Cat

You know the Notre Dame cornerback I was referring to that didn't bat the ball down? Clearly, if Quinn was a "winner" like Vince, he would've done it. So, it's Quinn's fault. The only reason Texas was able to stop LenDale White on 4th and 2 was the leadership VY provided from the sideline and the encouragement he gave to his defense.

#99 The Cat, Mar 9, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

lol!!!!!!!

Well I 'm glad things played out the way they did with UT vs USC