1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr or Vick?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drapg, Sep 10, 2002.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Before the Texans started playing, from about 1999-2001, my friends would all watch NFL games at one particular friend's apartment. He had NFL League Pass and we mainly watched Titan games but occassionally flipped channels to watch other teams. When Michael Vick was drafted, we always stopped when Atlanta had the ball on offense and watched to see if Michael Vick was playing.

After his rookie season, Bill Simmons from espn.com's page 2 wrote one of his random thoughts columns. One of his random thoughts was that when ever he was watching football on League Pass he always stopped to watch to see if Michael Vick was on the field.

David Carr might well be the second best young quarterback in the NFL. But its not a close race. Michael Vick is a special athlete. I wrote this in another thread, that the only athlete of the past twenty five years that was just more exciting to watch is Michael Jordan. For those of you who say you would take Carr over Vick, you are not even being homers, you're just being stupid. This is a silly argument. Madmax wrote that everyone would have taken Randall Cunningham when he was young and his career didn't really pan out. Cunningham still won 2 league MVPs without panning out. I'll take those chances. If Vick only has 5 good years, I'll take those five good years over Carr's potential whole career.

2. drapg

drapg Member

Damn, I don't even remember starting this thread!!!

2 years later and I still pick Vick in a landslide.

3. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

I love Carr (I'm a Texan fan) and I think he will be a top five QB eventually, but Mike Vick is flat out a better football player.

He changes everything for opposing defenses; I bet if you poll 32 NFL defensive coordinators: "who would you rather face?" I think 32 of them would answer Carr.

The falcons were 2-10 without Vick and 3-1 with Vick; they were 8-5-1 with him in 2002 with a win in Green Bay in the playoffs. The straight up facts. Don't forget he took VT to the NC his freshman year.

I love Carr and his potential, but Vick wins whereever he's been. And it's silly to argue that the Falcons are a veteran team or somehow have a better supporting cast.

But I'de still bet that the Texans win a Super Bowl before the Falcons.

#163 moligity, Jul 20, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  4. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Michael. Vick. Last year and two years ago.