1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr or Vick?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drapg, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Live

Live Member

And then Walsh can take at least 50% of that money & give it to the family of Paul Brown.

You see, the West Coast offense started off as the "Ohio Valley" offense. Walsh was an assistant to Brown in Cincy (or Cleveland, not quite sure) & "borrowed" a lot of his ideas from Brown.

Just a little trivia to start off the morning.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Vick right now.

Who will have the better career?? Yet to be seen...a lot of factors come into play, particularly longevity/injuries, etc.

But I freaking love David Carr. He may be my favorite professional athlete right now.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My. Thoughts. Exactly.

4. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Wow, i cant even believe this arguement went 5 pages worth of bickering.. No way can anyone say Carr is better than Vick at this time, i dont even think Carr will be put in the same league as Vick 5 years from now, carr is still a good Qb but no contest.. sorry texans fans

5. MadMax

i remember hearing that randall cunningham was going to be the greatest QB of all time..."the ultimate weapon." things don't always work out as they seem they will...

but mike vick is really fun to watch...and seems like a nice guy, too. i have no problem watching a guy like that win.

6. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

The entire thread took place in the first two weeks of the season.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

It's too early to call...

From a pure athletic standpoint, you'd have to go with Carr, however, the more and more Vick runs around, he's going to get stuck hard one time and he won't be the same...

I'll stick with Carr, although I'm a huge Texans fan...

;)

8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

It's about that time again. Is anyone out there still going with Carr?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Vick is a playmaker. He stands out for a reason. Carr may not even be better then Billy Volek, who was the reason he sat in college.

11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I’ll still take Carr because Vick (with his scrambling style) is asking to have an injury-plagued career. But this is a big season for Carr. He needs to get his completion % over 60 and throw more touchdowns than int’s. If not expect this board as well as others and 610 to be flooded with “We should have kept Henson.”

I actually went back and read all the posts and I noticed that there is a lot more humor and sarcasm in the posts these days…

12. rrj_gamz

Holy Crap!!! i was the last to post in 2003, now someone actually searched this...c'mon...

BTW, I'd still pick Carr, the injury to Vick proved it...Also, Carr better come up big this season...

13. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I was just about to start a thread on this subject.. well on carrs progress.. but I guess I'll go ahead and use this one...

what is everyones opinions on the good and bad of carr two years in..

things he's already improved on faster than you thought?

weaknesses that still need to be corrected?

I've seen as many games as I could, but being out of town haven't gotten to see all of them. I've liked what I've seen on him but wanted opinions from those who have seen all his games.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

15. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

What are you talking about, Carr was injured last season too. How can this not be obvious, Carr is a great talent, but its just once in every 50 years that you get a talent that of M.Vick, he makes you sit and watch the game as if he is B.Sanders or someone. I mean it would be a wonderful position to be in to pick between the two, but Vick is the obvious choice. He lead his team to the second round of the playoffs his first year as a fulltime starter. The kids was so impressive. Im my opinion Vick has already had a breakout season. Carr will have one too when this team is built with better athlete's and more depth, but we all know he cant make the miracles come true like M.Vick can. He's just a once in a generation player, like that of a B.Sanders...

16. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

if you guys would seriously take Carr over Vick you seriously need to take off the homer glasses... Vick is changing the way the QB position is played. He is going to be the first qb to run for 1000+ yards and throw for 2000+ yards in a season.

17. MadMax

wait...vick is great. but let's don't annoint him yet. changing the way the position is played??? what..from the sideline watching in civilian clothes?

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yes. It's only been 2 years, and he has held his ground. The boy looks tough and is ready for this league. Now that he has some offense around him and the offensive line stronger than before, he's going to kick some serious ass.

19. rrj_gamz

Hold on there hot rod...I agree in the s-t, Vick is the pick, but over the L-T, Carr is the guy...Carr was hurt, but not as bad as Vick...Also, Vick caused his own injury in the sense he runs around...it just caught up to him...

If you told me to pick the fastest, then of course, I'd pick Vick, but we're talking to build a franchise, right...

20. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

I dont know man, I think the other guy is right. Vick is going to revolutionize the way the QB position is played. He can beat you with his arm or his legs. Injury's happen, I would much rather my QB get hurt by making plays (that he is by far capable of making) Than sitting in the pocket and not being able to get away. Remember Troy Aikman, Steve Young and a few others retired because they couldnt get away. S-T vs. L-T? I would still take Vick, cause in the NFL nothing is guarenteed. Lineman are running 4.6 - 4.5's now. All that sitting in the pocket is cute and all but you also have to know when to go. I can honestly say Mike Vick in every game I have seen him does not bail out of the pocket prematurely only when he needs to make the plays the rest of his team isnt. But on a side note while we debate this, I have seen D.Carr cut the corner a few times and said to myself (that boy kinda runs like a brotha) like the time he shook the dude at the Goal line and dove in for the TD. I think that was against New Orleans last season. Like ai said Carr has game, but Vick has MAD Game!